20+ brands catering to 50+ disease areas! The team of Novartis specialists within Insights & Analytics are on a data and digital transformation journey, leveraging analytics to generate actionable insights for Novartis medicines impacting more than 500 million patients worldwide. The team is poised to enable easier, faster and reliable decisions for Novartis divisions across the globe.
- Work on a variety of business applications including but not limited to: Customer Segmenta-tion & Targeting, Event Prediction, Propensity Modelling, Churn Modelling, Customer Lifetime Value Estimation, Forecasting, Recommender Systems, Modelling Response to Incentives, Mar-keting Mix Optimization, Price Optimization
- Develop automation for repeatedly refreshing analysis and generating insights Modelling Re-sponse to Incentives, Marketing Mix Optimization, Price Optimization
- Collaborates with globally dispersed internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve critical business problems and deliver successfully on high visibility strategic initiatives
- Understands life science data sources including sales, contracting, promotions, social media, patient claims and Real World Evidence
- Quickly learns the use of tools, data sources and analytical techniques needed to answer a wide range of critical business questions
- Articulates solutions/recommendations to business users. Works with senior data science team member to present analytical content concisely and effectively
- Project manages own tasks and works with allied team members; plans proactively, antici-pates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required, identifies oper-ational risks and independently drives issues to resolution, minimizes surprise escalations
- Independently identifies research articles and reproduce/apply methodology to Novartis busi-ness problems
- Masters (or Bachelors from a top Tier University) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics; can also consider Ops Research, Econometrics).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Data Science with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience (PhD considered as experience) • Extensive experience in Statistical and Machine Learning techniques like Regression (Linear/Logit/Gamma), Clustering (K-Means/Modes/Hier), Decision Trees, Text Mining and Natural Language Processing, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models, Markov Chains, Monte Carlo Simulations, Non-linear Time Series, Dynamic Programming and Optimization techniques, Design of Experiments, Neural Networks, Statistical Inference, Collaborative Filtering, Feature Engineering, etc.
- Extensive experience in working with large-scale datasets (in bigdata architecture, data lake, data mart, data warehouse). Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, R, SQL, SPSS, Matlab, Alteryx
- Experience in Big Data platforms like Hadoop eco-system (i.e. Hive,Pig, Sqoop, Mahout), other large scale computing systems
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network