Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for your customers? Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems relies on our team to provide the insights needed to drive performance across a broad range of strategic activities.
We are looking for a passionate Principal Data Scientist
to design and develop automated, end-to-end, ETL pipelines and Data Analytics/Visualization solutions from disparate data sources, supporting our team in Melbourne, FL.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics systems that change the way we see and use data. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, hardworking, and have demonstrated the ability to find innovative solutions to complex technical problems.Job Responsibilities:
- Support the design, develop, and maintain a scalable Data Analytics System
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical methods and techniques
- Develop data analyses and collection systems that optimize efficiency and quality
- Data preparation/cleansing
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field with 5 years of experience • 5+ years of experience working with data analytics techniques and framework.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government DoD Security clearance.
- Master's degree in a STEM field
- 3+ years of experience working with data analytics techniques and frameworks
- Experience with databases (e.g. SQL) and programming (e.g. ETL frameworks)
- Proficiency with data analysis and dashboard creation using Tableau
- Experience with queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- Active, in-scope, Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.