At FREE NOW we are at an exciting point in our history - we are building a world-class product that is being used daily by more than a million people. We are a part of one of the most dynamic spaces for innovation in the world today: shaping mobility. Our daily business is solving large-scale, complex problems – and we love it.
We are keen on hiring a Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) in the Fulfilment's Data Science team for productionizing machine-learning models, implementing services and helping grow the data science infrastructure. Being part of the Fulfilment's Data Science team, you will work closely with our Product Managers, Data Scientists and other Machine Learning Engineers while collaborating with business stakeholders and market specialists on a daily basis.
You will stretch, learn, grow, and have fun doing it in a creative, diverse and collaborative environment that spans more than 70 nationalities and 11 markets across Europe. Don't join FREE NOW because of our perks or great office locations, join us if you can't wait to disrupt the mobility industry with us!
What would your work look like?
- Designing and developing high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- Working with large, interesting data sets including historical, real-time and third party data streams
- Making machine learning models and data pipelines available via low-latency and high performance APIs
- Implementing and optimizing ML solutions in collaboration with Data Scientists
- You will work closely with the Data Engineering Team to grow the Data Science software infrastructure
- You will build mature CI/CD pipelines, monitor and maintain several production deployments
What are we looking for?
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated. You let data inform your thinking rather than relying on gut feeling. You thrive working with ambiguity and believe in lean experimentation. You are an effective communicator, a team player and avid learner.
We'd really like if:
- You have at least 2 years experience in working with Statistical/Machine Learning models operating on large-scale datasets in production.
- You are an effective communicator, a team player and avid learner.
- While we typically look for candidates with advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines, we're happy for you to prove us wrong and show that these degrees aren't necessary
- You are proficient in Python and a statically typed language
- You are experienced in SQL and shell scripting
- You have experience developing and maintaining microservices in a production environment
- You've worked with cloud infrastructure
- You can communicate in English. We are a very diverse team with people from all over the world and English is our language of communication, besides Python.
- You are passionate about harnessing data science and have the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transportation.
There are certain skills that we love in our candidates but they aren't really deal-breakers for us.
- Experience designing and building machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Experience with the AWS stack is a plus
- Practical experience with the Kafka ecosystem is a plus
- Proficient in Java or another JVM language
About FREE NOW
FREE NOW is the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services and car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets), Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) and hive (e-scooter and e-bikes in 3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 45 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Marc Berg.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.