Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we've embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we're part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us - and we'll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business - our purpose is to 'help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times'.
We do that by living our values - Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity - in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace - where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We're also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don't lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they've made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company's strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we'd love to have you.
To streamline the design, development, and maintenance of applications based on data and analytics. An important component of the role is to coordinate these improvements with the goals of the business. Aim is also to deliver value faster by creating predictable delivery and change management of data, data models, and related artifacts.
Here is RSA the process of building its central Data and Analytics capability. The new team is tasked with providing Data, MI and Analytics to the Business. The team works closely with all functions. The selected candidate will be expected to provide technical development skills to support and build out the Operational Data Store (ODS) architecture. The Data Engineer will report to the Data Engineering Lead. The role is within the DataOps/DevOps team.
- SME: root cause analysis / design solution
- Data quality controls (build / run / remediate)
- Develop and maintain databases and data warehouses which facilitate analysis and insights, and which drive Business actions
- Contribute to continuous modernisation of data infrastructure (migration from On-Prem to Cloud)
- Work with the MI Analytics team to identify, develop and convert their requirements into usable datasets.
- Coordination and prioritisation of Business requests
- Maintenance documentation / data dictionary
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Candidate must be highly numerate holding a degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. maths, engineering, data, analytics), minimum result 2.1
- Advanced SQL is compulsory
- Demonstrable working knowledge of all database objects
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and or understanding of ETL processes and tools is required
- Data model development
- Datawarehouse and DataMart’s development is required
- Understanding of development lifecycles and release schedules is required
- Experience in working in agile environment will be an advantage
- Azure development experience (i.e., SQL, Data Factory, Synapse, Databricks) will be an advantage.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Must be able to work autonomously and or as part of dynamic teams
- Must have strong planning and organisation skills
- Must be a strong and clear communicator
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong delivery focus
- Must be able to interpret and convert business requirements
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status