If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form
. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.Data Engineer II (Analytics)
Would you like to join a team doing outstanding things with data visualisation ?
Are you passionate about making data clear and engaging?
Do you want to continuously be challenged by innovating and learn new techniques?
As a key member of the Expedia Group Data Visualisation team, the Data Visualisation Engineer II will play a pivotal role in supporting our key partners, ensuring they are able to effectively and quickly turn data into insights, driving business decisions and strategy.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop visualisation products that improve the insight and analytical capabilities of the group
- Support the broader analytics teams with visualisations and insights
- Develop our insights platform by building new features and integrating with other tools/systems
- Collaborate with other teams developing lasting solutions and improvements to drive efficiency
About Expedia Group
- An experienced engineer /BI developer with a passion for data visualisation
- You bring strong skills in SQL, Python, Spark or PySpark , and are comfortable optimizing queries for performance
- You are experienced in building and maintaining sophisticated ETL pipeline/data products in production environments (bug fixing, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.)
- You have strong skills in Tableau, understand Level of Detail, dashboard actions are second nature to you and you are comfortable optimizing calculations for performance
- You have experience developing not only charts but compelling visualisations that help your users understand data in new ways
- You care about the details, design for you is not an afterthought but goes hand in hand with strong analysis
- You can test, debug, and fix issues within established SLAs
- Willingness to learn and come up with creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of management, across different organizations
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs .
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.