At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesData Engineer – Data Integration
Location - Ballarat, Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development.
With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Locally, we are looking for a Data Engineer – Data Integration to join our growing team of data and analytics experts in the data Platform Services Practice.
This role can be based out of Ballarat, Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
As the Data Engineer you will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on client projects and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
You will be excited by the prospect of optimising or re-designing our clients’ data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.My Responsibilities for Data Engineer – Data Integration
My Qualifications for Data Engineer – Data Integration
- Mentor and coach data engineers on how to build upon cloud data platforms.
- Design and implement complex Data Lake and Data mesh architectures utilising data fabric capabilities like streaming, event-driven and batch patterns.
- Write high quality code, perform code reviews, and take ownership of software delivery.
- Responsible for building software development frameworks, best practices and guidelines for adoption.
- Identify and resolve defects during test phases, handle deployments, and coordinate with multiple teams to provide ongoing improvements to the code, processes, and overall design.
- Evangelise and democratise data both to internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of test-driven development and test automation frameworks: Github, Github Actions and workflow experience
- Optionally you would have Application Development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, open-source Natural Language Processing, statistical and big data computing libraries.
What I Must Have
- We are looking for a candidate with 5 + years of experience in Snr Software Engineer role.
- Extensive working knowledge of Python
- Strong Experience in designing and building data pipelines on Spark utilising either PySpark, Java or Scala.
- Experience in building data platform(s) in the cloud (AWS and Azure) and developing data pipelines/ecosystem with native components. This includes - AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, AWS EMR, AWS Athena, Azure Blob, ADLS Gen2, ADF, Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks etc
- Experience with developing or migrating data warehouse to Azure or AWS or Snowflake
- Design and development knowledge on Kafka and spark structured streaming (Apache Spark, AWS EMR, Azure Databricks)
- Good understanding of data modelling patterns
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Working knowledge of multiple databases (RDMS and NoSQL).
- Strong knowledge of data security management policies and procedures
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Strong experience in DevOps, DataOps and CloudOps.
- API/Microservices development is a bonus e.g. nodeJs.
- Strong analytic and data wrangling skills related to working with structured as well as unstructured datasets.
Ready to join us?
- Ability to travel extensively, at short notices and perhaps extended time periods.
- Must have self-drive to lead initiatives and multitask
- Permanent residency to live and work in Australia
- Must have design and implementation experience in cloud data architecture – Azure and/or AWS.
- Must have certifications in either Azure and/or AWS.
To be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and leaders - people who want to make an impact, share their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Keep reading.Sign Me Up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.