At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in building our advanced analytics team. The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This Lead Data Scientist position will directly report to the Director of Data Science.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice; in this position you will apply your skills to unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE. You will be working on problems that require advanced analytics applications to create value for diverse business functions such as supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory implementation, digital marketing and sales growth, and will impact business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
- Work closely with business partners and engagement managers to translate complex business problems into analytics problems and solutions. Ask questions to understand business intent, problem statement, analytics opportunity and value creation.
- Work closely with data engineering team to identify and consume relevant structured and unstructured data sources (including IoT sources such as manufacturing sensors systems).
- Identify key hypotheses and data science approaches to answering analytics problems and getting to business outcomes.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models/algorithms through iterative process and rapid prototyping.
What your background should look like:
- A master’s degree in data science, predictive analytics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, software engineering, physics, or related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning and statistical modelling, including a demonstrated high-level of proficiency in applying data science techniques to solving enterprise problems.
- High proficiency in conducting analyses using tools like Python, R and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Ploty).
- Rigorous understanding of the fundamentals of statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence using both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Experience in developing hypotheses or analytics solutions for business problems.
- Experience in presenting complex analytics methodologies, analyses and insights in simple and concise manner to the business partners and senior leaders.
- A PhD degree and/or additional relevant industry certifications (in analytics, software platforms, cloud environments, etc.).
- Preferred experience in developing data science solutions in marketing, pricing and/or supply chain domains.
- Experience moving prototypes to production environment and optimizing models in production environment.
- Experience mentoring business analysts and other data scientists.
- Exposure to distributed computing frameworks as well as cloud technologies.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $127,400 to 157,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.