This position may be hired to either work at our local headquarters in Helena, Montana or remotely from within the United States, provided the candidate is sufficiently digitally capable from his/her location.
We are looking for an Informatica Big Data Engineer that will put their experience and passion for data to work as part of the Montana State Fund IT Enterprise Applications team.
In addition to the above, we are looking for someone that not only has excellent client and business interaction abilities with demonstrated top notch communication skills, but also someone with experience implementing BDM ground up for at least one (1) implementation involving a combination of a Hadoop Distribution (example: Hortonworks or Cloudera) with Informatica BDM as well as experience in implementing metadata management ground up for at least one (1) implementation. Expertise in using data, understanding data models and working effectively with data analytics and business teams is also extremely helpful.
The IT Enterprise Applications Team provides a high level of complex technical solutions across the organization to support both internal and external customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional with big data management experience to provide key contributions with a team of passionate, motivated individuals. If you want to make a difference working on engaging and dynamic challenges to facilitate solutions involving key big data initiatives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join the Montana State Fund team as a Big Data Engineer!
About the Role
Independently and interdependently design and implement complex technical solutions. Apply principles of engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of the enterprise solutions and systems. Provide technical leadership for highly complex business analytics or insurance products and projects, as well as, deliver superior business value to enterprise stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Provides technical solutions for insurance products or data applications; defines, analyzes and creates solutions for projects utilizing various development methodologies. Work in a matrixed project team of insurance business SMEs and on/off shore technical experts in developing the solution design, completing assigned tasks, tracking progress and verifying completion of assignments according to development standards. Identifies issues / risks, escalates and reports to appropriate levels of stakeholders. (40%)
- Analyze, design and develop artifacts according to best practices, standards and specifications. (30%)
- Analyze existing systems built on MSF technologies for improvements and evaluate proposed systems for feasibility and architectural compliance. Provide systems analysis, user support, and develops program specifications and reusable components for specific business applications. (20%)
- Provide technical expertise, advice and mentoring to other IT and insurance business professionals regarding the application of complex systems analysis and design to business problems. (10%)
- Provides leadership on small/medium projects spanning onsite and remote business and technical teams.
- Analyze existing systems, develop artifacts, and establish, implement and maintain specific systems, while monitoring and supervising systems performance.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility and users’ needs and design, develop, debug and unit test using MSF technologies for commercial business applications.
- Prepare business documentation and conduct user training.
- Custom design specific programs for enterprise and user needs, to support business processes, provide specific technical awareness, insight and documentation as appropriate to departments and users.
- Perform extensive functional testing of modules post-customization.
- Ensure that systems continue to function normally through maintenance and testing, execute production failure trouble shooting.
- Work with other solution design engineers, architects and other cross functional IT professionals to design tools and enhancements and write code to fulfill enterprise objectives and needs
- Liaise with business /stakeholders on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Design and develop solutions/models as applicable, using scientific analysis and mathematical techniques to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of capabilities and requirements, generate useful and actionable business insights.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Associate or technical degree;
- 3 years of work experience that includes:
- At least 1 year of directly related work experience utilizing the following Montana State Fund required technologies:
- Informatica Big Data Management/Edition
- Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog
- Cloudera Data Hub
- Remainder sum of required 3 years of experience can consist of the following Montana State Fund similar/related technologies:
- NoSQL Databases
- IBM BigInsights
Must be open to and have the ability learning other programming language(s) as necessary along with innovative and creative analytical skills to resolve design issues.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 3 years of directly related work experience utilizing MSF required technologies (in addition to similar technology experience mentioned above).
- Experience with Informatica Big Data Quality
- Relevant technical and/or insurance certifications.