Management Science Associates, Inc., (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are seeking a Data Analyst I to join the MSA IT/OPS division which has been offering data and insight solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s.
As a Data Analyst I you will be working closely with a cross sectional team of IT, Client Relations and Operational personnel to manage and deliver data directly to our clients. This will include data loading, cleansing, master data management and extraction as well as building data warehouses and reporting. You will work across multiple IT groups to ensure system releases are successfully migrated to production and that all deliverables reach our clients on time and correct. This position is a great way to build skills in master data management, SQL and data analysis.Responsibilities
- Translate client requirements into specific tasks and actions needed to deliver on our commitments
- Load, Query, extract and validate data
- Refresh databases with current data, ensure data is correct and prepare reports and other deliverables for our clients
- Identify problems and proactively look for areas to automate and improve.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and system implementations. Perform quality assurance functions to validate data, software, hardware, or procedure changes.
- Communicate and work with other IMS cross functional teams
- Work full-time remote from a home office
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience. A master's degree in a relevant discipline may substitute for one year of experience
- Microsoft Office
- Relational database and data analysis
- Oracle and Unix
- Knowledge of database structures and data models
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Scheduling software i.e. Control M or Appworx
- Project management
- Experience with third party reporting and master data management tools
- Training skills