APPOINTMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular (FTR)
LOCATION: Oak Ridge, TN
SALARY RANGE: $25.13 to $34.96 per hour
Support routine data analysis and reporting tasks for various administrative and research projects across Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education-Health Sciences (ORISE-HS) and Oak Ridge Associated Universities Government Services-Health Sciences (OGS-HS). Apply established statistical models to structured and related data across multiple HS projects. Provide input as part of a multi-disciplinary team to further develop or enhance statistical models applied to data and its analysis.Responsibilities
- Assist in providing routine support for the ORISE Beryllium Laboratory with established data analysis and reporting tasks including statistical routines in R, MS Access, MS Excel, and the web application for tests performed by the lab. Provide similar assistance for ad hoc tasks including serum cutpoint evaluation and lab staff proficiencies, and lab Information Technology (IT) systems, data structures, and software tools by effecting changes, managing the data, and other miscellaneous IT support as needed.
- Assist with routine support for the Department of Energy (DOE) Beryllium Registry program by processing submitted data, resolving, and correcting errors, and generating periodic and ad hoc analyses and reports in R, MS Access, MS Excel, and the registry’s web application.
- Assist in providing technical support in conjunction with Information Technology Services (ITS) by serving as additional desktop support in the ORISE-HS/OGS-HS- Epidemiology and Exposure Science (EES) groups, particularly the ORISE Beryllium Laboratory. Other internal administrative support tasks will be required at various times including documentation, inventory, and Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) license renewals.
- Support routine data entry, analysis, reporting, and visualization efforts as needed across multiple Health Studies programs.
- Support and maintains existing software applications analysis and reporting functionality, including web, database, and MS applications across multiple Health Studies programs under direct supervision.
Associate degree and 0-2 years of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum requirements.
- Knowledge of data management, analysis, and reporting concepts is essential.
- Must understand programming principles and a working knowledge of a programming language is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system principles, operating system commands, IT principles and concepts, is preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory information management systems and experience in health IT is preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Understanding of relational databases particularly Structured Query Language (SQL) Server, MS Access is highly preferred.
- Current technical knowledge of Personal Computer (PC) and server hardware and software, especially operating systems, and strong experience in IT concepts is preferred.
- Experience with the R programming language is preferred.
- The candidate’s starting salary will be determined upon hire and ORAU will use salary survey data, internal comparators, and the candidate’s qualifications to determine salary.
ORAU has a strategic approach to providing total rewards to employees through a fair, equitable, and competitive total compensation package. The goal of our total rewards system is to integrate compensation, benefits, work-life balance, performance, recognition, development, and career opportunities to attract, engage, and retain the talent required to achieve ORAU’s business objectives. The benefit component of our total rewards program supports business goals by offering the following benefits based on employee eligibility:
- Legally required benefits
- Group Health insurance including: Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement plan contribution matching
- Disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Section 125 reimbursement accounts
- Other voluntary employee paid benefit and insurance offerings
The ORAU total reward package also promotes work-life balance. Mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, ORAU offers the following additional work-life benefits based on employee eligibility:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules or compressed work weeks
- Occupational Health and Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program