Are you an experienced Engineer looking for a new challenge, developing a next generation technology platform?
If you are a driven, ambitious engineer with a genuine interest in technology and building innovative technical customer focused products, we have the perfect job for you!
Short Overview Of The Company
Our client see the need to provide clients with the decision science capabilities of digital native retail giants. By providing a one-stop optimisation SaaS platform this company will help clients compete and unlock actionable insights on key areas such as pricing, customer targeting, product range, and sustainability. This will be built with low barriers to entry to support clients regardless of their digital maturity levels..
What The Job Is About
As a Data Engineer at our client, you will have a combination of backend and data knowledge and skills. You will help design and build our fast, resilient and highly scalable cloud-native data and analytics platform to grow retail and branded SaaS products. You will gain experience in a combination of Python, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform
(GCP) and other tools and languages as appropriate for the use case.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop tested, secure production quality code and deploy using CI/CD and DevOps practices from development to production
- Work with cloud technologies to deliver robust, scalable services, APIs and product features.
- Develop reusable cloud native data services to build out our SaaS Decision Science platform
- Adopt and contribute to Core Engineering Practices across design, build, test, deployment and run
- Partner with product managers and data scientists to understand and deliver valuable product features from conception to release
- Identify and resolve quality issues and handle product support requests.
- Lead and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Track record of developing applications and services using python
- 3+ years commercial experience within a software engineering, data engineering or equivalent role
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary technology team (product, data science, engineering etc.)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, continuous integration and unit testing frameworks
- Experience building secure, scalable cloud native applications
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience building reusable data products is an advantage
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, build long-term relationships, and demonstrate a learning attitude
Specialisms & Education
- Clear and logical analytical approach to problem-solving
- Experience building and testing software within a team
- Enjoy working in teams but also a self-starter
- Terraform experience advantageous
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Hybrid remote: Porto based office + remote working
- Travel may occasionally be required
Compensation & Benefits
- Very competitive annual salary
- Discretionary bonus.
- Permanent position