Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Our customers are successful European companies, like Raisin, wefox, Pleo, Gorillas, Cognite and many more.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 Swiss startups and are ranked as the #1 ICT startup in Switzerland.
We are an international and diverse team of 21 people, coming from 17 different countries and speaking 18 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As a Web Data Engineer at Ledgy, your mission is to write beautiful code, design an elegant data-processing architecture, and collaborate with others to build a platform that is secure and unbreakable.
At Ledgy, you will
- Join our product team (7 developers, our product manager, the CTO, the CPO)
- Design a robust architecture to move fast and occasionally break things
- Build elegant and intuitive data processing and visualization pipelines for the web
- Exchange code reviews with our experienced software developers
- Implement concepts of functional programming in a browser-based data analytics platform
- Enjoy the delights of connecting the dots and logical reasoning
- Boldly go to where no Web Data Engineer has gone before
The job is a good fit if you
- Enjoy crunching numbers in your head and find symmetries in a complex data set
- Get excited about finding creative ways to visualize connections between numbers and their relations
- Have an excellent understanding of statistics and data modeling
- Are intrinsically motivated to work with startups and understand their legal structures
- Are curious to experience a new paradigm of web development that blurs the boundaries between back-end and front-end engineering
- Want to become native in TypeScript and apply React, MongoDB, Meteor, GatsbyJS, and NodeJS in a large-scale application
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ️, meditation , and space exploration
- Have a chance to get to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun and productive working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.