- Analyze -omics, imaging and biological data and produce appropriate graphical representations
- Develop machine learning pipelines to extract information from heterogeneous data types
- Integrate data from multiple sources and perform complex statistical data analyses including multivariate statistical analysis
- Use data mining, machine learning and deep learning methods to reveal complex relationships and patterns in data
- Develop software tools and automated scripts that will enable Emulate scientists to efficiently analyze and visualize their data
- Develop image analysis pipelines to extract morphological features from microscopy images (e.g. fluorescence, bright-field etc.)
- Test and validate reliable and efficient ways to perform common image processing tasks including both established (free) software or custom-build code, depending on the specific needs of the project
- Develop computational tools and methods to store, process, analyze, visualize and integrate in-house and publicly available RNA-seq, NGS, proteomics and other omics data types to address key questions on biological processes, drug discovery and disease mechanisms
- Bachelor's/Master's degree (preferred) in computational biology, bioinformatics, machine learning, computer science, applied mathematics or related field
- 2-3 years experience
- Solid mathematical background and significant depth of expertise in statistics, machine learning/AI, Bayesian analysis, feature extraction and image analysis
- Hands-on experience working with -omics data analysis (RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, proteomics etc.)
- Experience with data extraction, cleansing and integration from biomedical databases
- Expert-level knowledge of programming languages (R, Python, Matlab)
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting languages (BASH and/or CSH)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex computational methods and analysis results to colleagues from various disciplines
- Willingness and ability to explore new areas
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate, Inc. is a privately held company that creates advanced in vitro models for understanding how diseases, medicines, chemicals, and foods affect human health. Our lab-ready Human Emulation System® includes three components: Zoë® Culture Module, Organ-Chips, and analytical software applications. The platform provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease—offering researchers a new technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing.
Research conducted using our Organ-Chips has been published in high-impact scientific journals, including Science. In addition, Organ-Chips have been acquired by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York for their permanent collection and have also been awarded Product Design of the Year 2015 by London's Design Museum.