Are you an experienced Senior Data Engineer with a passion for driving projects with the aim of extract, load, and transform our data to the next level? Then come join us!
At BESTSELLER we are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our wholesale team. A colleague with the experience and skillset needed to assist in keeping our current solutions running seamless, while orchestrating projects with a gradually transfer into a state-of-the-art setup.Your Team
You will be part of our Data & Analytics department consisting of 30 colleagues who all share the same passion for data and who actively drive the data agenda in BESTSELLER. Our goal is to deliver value to our end customers, ensuring that satisfaction and quality are always on the radar. More specifically you will join 6 dedicated professionals in the wholesale team, sharing the passion of making a good product better. To achieve this, we create tools that automate and augment decisions with data, insights, and AI.Your Job
As our Senior Data Engineer in the wholesale team, you will play a significant role in determine how we maintain and further develop our current solutions and transforming our current silo-based data warehouse environment into a more future proof data mesh setup. Your role will be to ensure the technical quality of upcoming wholesale projects, at a strategic, tactical, and operational level and to ensure progression in those projects by actively participating in all stages of the process.More Specifically, Your Work Involves
- Taking the technical lead in scoping new projects and developing those in close collaboration with the other team members.
- Taking technical lead in determine how and when to transform the individual elements of our current setup into new futureproof solutions
- Performing and presenting technical fit gap analysis
- Performing and presenting technical evaluations of new or alternative technologies and software solutions
- You will get a versatile and challenging job, in a high-paced company with rapid decision processes
- You will join a great team where we collaborate closely with each other as well as many different business stakeholders
- With us, you will experience an atmosphere more like that of a start-up than an IT department with hundreds of colleagues
- We have room for experimenting with new technologies, and we move fast from idea to execution
- We are a new organisational unit, and therefore you will have the chance to influence our culture and the tools we work with
You probably have a relevant educational background in Computer Science, Informatics, or other quantitative fields with professional experience as a Data Engineer. Backed up with hands on experience in the creation of Data Products and end-user services.
You are recognized as a role model for others due to your technical expertise as well as for your way of working. Your high level of expertise provides you with the capability to lead, nurse and grow the talent of your colleagues as an integrated part of your everyday way of working. You have professional interest in automated deployment, and you know how to implement such mechanism. Furthermore, you have a deep understanding of modern software engineering principles and tools supporting version control, CI/CD, and infrastructure as code.Your Qualifications
- Data infrastructure competencies to deploy and monitor resources required by the domains
- Experienced in designing scalable ETL/ELT processes which are based on data lake & data warehouse
- Experience in TSQL is required, Python is a plus
- Experience with cloud services such as GCP, Azure, or AWS
- Experience with Power Bi and other self-service solutions is a plus
- Experience with cloud data-warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery, or Synapse is a plus
Primary work location is either Aarhus or Brande with days at the opposite location. Working from home is an option, but you are expected to be in office at least 3 days a week.We look forward to hearing from you
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to reach out to Anna-Lis Berg on firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 17th of October 2022. We process applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad, when we find the right candidateAbout BESTSELLER
At BESTSELLER, we are more than 15,000 people in 38 different countries working for over 20 fashion brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT, NOISY MAY and Y.A.S. We are a family-owned company with a strong foundation and values to build on, empowering us to pursue the ideas we believe in to take BESTSELLER forward. We are committed to diversity and provide equal opportunities for everyone, irrespective of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We strive to create an empowering environment where people can thrive and develop. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.