Provide intelligence training planning, analysis, and delivery of a five-day, in-residence training course on Data Analysis given 4-5 times per fiscal year at the DHS Intelligence Training Academy in Washington DC. Duties will include supporting intelligence training planning and analysis; developing curriculum; delivering training of the five-day in-residence Data Analysis Course; providing subject matter expertise in data analysis: providing mentoring to improve student performance; delivering lectures and presentations; and evaluating student performance.
- Ten (10) years of intelligence experience is required. This requirement can be met through combined years of intelligence experience at the Federal, State, or Local level.
- Five (5) years of direct operational experience as a Data Analyst, preferably within the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Two (2) years of experience operating in the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Prior instructional experience highly desired.
- A four-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required. (Degrees in law enforcement, intelligence studies, and education are desirable); Federal or State experience exceeding 15 years in the subject that the instructor will teach and a 2-year associate’s degree may be substituted for a 4-year degree with approval from the government.
- Instructors must be experienced in data extraction, preparation, analysis and sense-making techniques, statistical methodologies, simple modeling, and data visualization techniques. Instructors also must have coding experience in any language, with Python preferred. Experience with Microsoft-compatible desktop applications, audio-visual equipment including laptops, audio video projectors, screens, pointers, and other classroom devices.