- Ongoing & Non-ongoing National Office, Woden
- Executive Level 1 $108,199 - $122,818
- Xiang Wang 0261460582
About the Stream, Group or Branch:
The Data and Evaluation Group is responsible for the Department of Social Services analytic and data capability, and improving the evidence base for policy development. The DOMINO and Integration section is responsible for the development and administration of the Data Over Multiple Individual Occurrences (DOMINO) dataset.
DOMINO contains modular event-based data on individuals providing a longitudinal picture of the interaction of individual welfare recipients throughout their interactions with DSS payments. DOMINO contains information on recipients’ demographics, benefits history, concessions, education (where available) and housing.
By joining the section, you will be
- leading a team to develop the effective and ongoing use of Social Security administrative data as both a standalone and integrated product;
- providing leadership and guidance in overseeing all stages of an Extract-Transform-Load pipeline
- providing expert advice to decision makers on data compilation and use
- integrating federal data to DOMINO as part of the team's accreditation as an Integrating Authority
- contributing to the development of DOMINO 2.0
- supplying high quality data to support the evidence base for policy development to better serve the Australian community.
Skills and Abilities
Eligibility / Additional Requirements:
- strong analytical problem-solving skills
- demonstrated ability to plan and prepare high quality and timely written advice, briefings, and other material for a range of audiences
- deep technical expertise in programming skills in one or more languages including SQL, SAS, R or Python, Stata, Scala, Spark or other closely related programming languages
- strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to deliver clear and concise messages, including responding to queries and drafting of key documents
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders - demonstrated ability to manage junior staff and support their growth and development
- significant experience in data processing, ETL pipelines and database technologies (e.g. MS SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle)
- extensive experience working on data migration projects.
This recruitment process is being used to fill current and future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies. A merit pool of suitable applicants will be created which may be used to fill future vacancies should they become available over the next 12 months.
Non-ongoing vacancies will be offered for a period of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension (up to a total period of 3 years). Some of these non-ongoing vacancies may become ongoing in the next 12 months.
Should a position become ongoing then the merit pool established through this selection process may be used to fill the vacancy on an ongoing basis.To be eligible for employment with Department of Social Services (the department), you must be an Australian citizen. An applicant's suitability for employment with the Department will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This will include an identity and criminal history background check.
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance:
The suitable applicant must also obtain and maintain a security clearance conducted by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. Any gaps or periods of time spent overseas for 12 or more months (cumulative) that cannot be verified by an Australian referee is deemed uncheckable, rendering the applicant ineligible for a security clearance. Background history must cover 5 / 10 years (Baseline / Negative Vet 1 or Negative Vet 2) of employment, education, residential, criminal history and anything else specified by the AGSVA. The suitable applicant must be willing to disclose all relevant and required information to fulfil this process.
Type / Length of Vacancy: Ongoing & Non-ongoing
Contact Officer Name: Xiang Wang
Contact Officer Phone: 0261460582
Contact Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: 27-Sep-2021