At ICON, it's our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
Our 'Own It' culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That's our vision. We're driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you're as driven as we are, join us. You'll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you'll be helping shape an industry.Responsibilities
The senior data scientist must combine extensive data analytical, artificial intelligence (especially machine learning) and visualization expertise, a strong scientific perspective and a focus on delivering data-driven solutions to the business. Working within a dedicated data and analytics team, s/he will have a natural interest in exploring a wide range of datasets to solve problems and build new solutions that make ICON a leading player in this space. Depending on team and project requirements at any given time, our senior data scientists engage in one or more of the following activities:
- Use a combination of local and cloud tools to analyse, cleanse and transform different types of data and content for consumption by AI and machine learning models
- Use the most appropriate data modelling / machine learning principles and tools to design, explore and build scalable data solutions, potentially from source systems through to the presentation layer.
- Where required, develop data and software solutions to deliver a robust and automated deployment of AI/ML services for everyday business use
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand the operational challenges and goals and to then explore, design and build appropriate data solutions to meet those goals and alleviate the business challenge
- Collaborate with software engineers and other IT professionals to understand the capabilities and constraints around security, data governance and technology infrastructure to ensure that AI solutions are scalable, automatable, cost efficient and secure and that they comply with data policies and regulations
- Work to differentiate ICON from competitors by exploring and developing solutions that drive meaningful outcomes for customers
- Monitor and be aware of trends in technology, data sciences and business practice in the pharmaceutical industry, and provide advice and recommendations on emerging AI/ML trends and applications.
- Work to deliver maximum customer value for minimum cost.
- Undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to people, clients and performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
Benefits Of Working In ICON
- Ability to translate a business problem into an analytical problem that can be solved with data and machine learning
- Experience in the use of machine learning, artificial neural networks, natural language processing and robotic process automation
- Good knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis
- Experience with a wide range of data storage technologies and architectures, including data warehouses, data lakes, graph databases, NoSQL and clustering and experience working with structured data, semi-structured data and unstructured data
- Advanced skills in data wrangling, analysis and visualisation
- Mature software engineering skills, including primary code development, code optimisation and workflow and deployment scripting
- Good knowledge of cloud services, including serverless computing services and machine learning tools
- Degree in a relevant IT or natural sciences discipline
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why we've made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you'll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.