Job Description :
Job Title: Lead - Data Scientist
Reports To: Senior Manager
Department: Data Science (Analytics & Insights)
Diageo was created in 1997. Our business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, we stand on the shoulders of these giants and, inspired by their ideas, philosophy and audacity, act with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
Today, we are recognised as a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer. We produce an outstanding collection of over 200 brands – old and new, large and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions.
Our ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. Our strategy is to support premiumisation in developed and emerging countries. Our broad portfolio means we can access different consumer occasions with our brands, across price points. This also enables us to shape responsible drinking trends in markets where international premium spirits are an emerging category.
To fulfil our ambition, we know that we must earn the trust and respect of everyone we deal with. That is why our culture is rooted in a deep sense of our purpose and values. These values underpin our business and guide how we work.
Our talented people working together to grow our business and nurture our brands. We are committed to their professional and personal development and ensuring that Diageo is a great place to work. We have a diverse and vibrant workforce. We look for people with a wide variety of personalities, experiences, and perspectives to create a stimulating and rewarding working environment where everyone can flourish.
Diageo’s Analytics & Insights team is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing analytics products to drive our competitive advantage and enable empirically based decisions.
As part of the Analytics & Insight team, you will play a role for continuing to advance the sophistication of the power of analytics throughout Diageo.
You will serve as an evangelist for the power of data and develop analytics products to enable decisions at Diageo. You will become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders, help catalyze their thinking about what’s possible, identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to drive top line growth, personalized consumer experiences and optimizes business processes.
The role will not have direct budget responsibility but will need to be financially aware of responsibilities and remain budget conscious and compliant.
Market Environment/ Complexity
This role works closely with stakeholders and teams within Analytics & Insights, as well as across Diageo
Leadership Responsibilities/ Key Stakeholders:
1.Create Possibilities: You will need to support efforts to make things happen.
2.Demonstrate exceptional leadership around the Diageo values and behaviors
3.Grow yourself. Is enthusiastic –wants to make an impact. Is able to stay positive and overcome setbacks.
4.Be Authentic: Always acts with integrity. Focuses on what’s important. Seeks feedback and acts upon it.
Purpose of Role
- Work with Data Science managers in Supply Chain domain, to develop and implement robust data models to solve business problems
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges they face and present clear data/visualisations to convince them of clear strategies and solutions
- Translate ambiguous statements into structured problem statements and testable hypotheses
- Apply quantitative analysis, and data mining to extract, capture and understand data to form an opinion and derive relevant insights for strategies in customer interaction and product or business growth
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to leverage our unique data to predict, prevent, optimise, and solve business problems
- Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to discipline
- Provide subject matter expertise and a significant understanding of Statistical software, Cloud, Database, Visualisation layer & Scripting language.
- Strong analytical skills –Ability to perform complex analysis, as well as to determine analysis required to solve business problems
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 6 - 8 years’ experience in building and deploying predictive & prescriptive analytical solutions at scale, leveraging some combination of ML, AI, Optimization & Simulation.
- Experience with one or more in Python, Databricks, Pyspark
- Experience in any of the Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP) for Data Science project’s development & deployment
- Experiences with Database, Scripting languages (Shell, Batch)
- Strong foundation in Data Science and Statistical Quality Control
- Working knowledge of Design of Experiments
- Hands on experience working in Supply Chain Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Statistics/ Economics. (Preferred) Master’s in management (Operations or Supply Chain Management)/ Technology/ Analytics
- Have a hands-on approach with a proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to delivery results
- Experience with Azure ML Studio, Alteryx, Dataiku, Datarobot is desired
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile methods
Worker Type :
Bangalore Karle Town SEZ
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :