Our Global Data & Analytics team is the hub of harvesting and analyzing data to drive strategic, customer-centric business decisions for our brands. By collaborating with partners across a broad variety of business functions, associates on our D&A team provide recommendations that allow our teams to push boundaries and stay at the forefront of retail trends.
The Senior Data Scientist on our A&F Data Science team within Data & Analytics will develop solutions for complex, ambiguous, and high-visibility business challenges ranging from personalization, marketing mix modeling, demand forecasting to supply chain optimization with a focus on building machine learning products. This role will closely partner with our Marketing/Real Estate/Digital Product teams to help support their modeling, advanced analytics, and segmentation needs. Bring passion for learning and data-informed decision making that shapes holistic view of our business with consideration for all aspects of the customer experience - from front-end web & store experience through order fulfillment and customer service.
What will you be doing?
Building Machine Learning Products
- Design and build machine learning models end to end, from exploratory data analysis to feature engineering to model training/testing to batch or real-time deployment in cloud platforms, such as Azure Databricks
- Understand and be able to apply advanced modeling techniques, including supervised (classification & regression), un-supervised (PCA, clustering, etc.), recommendations, time-series forecasting & reinforcement learning.
- Build innovative machine learning models and segmentations for personalization initiatives to drive margin, revenue, and conversion
- Develop geo optimization models that drive market opportunity assessment and real estate location selection; decompose omni-channel impact in the marketplace as result of store open/closures.
- Build out robust advanced segmentation schemes for our customer files.
- Implement drift detection & monitoring for machine learning models.
- Help identify cross-channel / cross-platform optimization opportunities for customer, product, market, promotions.
- Be an evangelist of data-informed decision-making and consistently look out for new ways to leverage data and analytics.
- Identify low hanging opportunities to increase conversion, save costs, drive revenue.
- Ensure data accuracy and single source of truth; work with data engineers to identify or build new solutions.
- Incorporate new data sources (social, clickstream, unstructured) & new types of data into segmentation/modeling/analysis.
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 4+ years of data and analytics experience (retail environment is a plus)
- Master’s Degree Preferred
You don’t have to be an expert in all or any of the areas below, but we need someone with a passion for learning and growing as a data scientist:
- Expert in Python, SQL, PySpark
- Strong engineering and coding skills, with ability to write high quality production code
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with Azure cloud ecosystem
- 2+ years of production model deployment experience
- Experience with Git, CI/CD
- Experience optimizing model hyperparameter tuning for speed and cost
- Excellent documentation habits
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to succeed.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act): For employees based in Colorado, this position has a minimum starting base rate of $77,250 per year. Factors that may be used to determine your actual rate may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The starting rate may be modified in the future.