ADP is hiring a Principal Data Scientist.
- Does the thought of working with one of the most comprehensive employment data sets in the US excite you?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you a technologist first and foremost who approaches every problem wearing that hat while going out of your way to champion creativity and build diverse, productive, and engaged teams?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you'll acquire, clean, and analyze large data sets and do exploratory analysis to understand our data and if it meets project requirements. It's more than digits and dials - you're making huge decisions that impact millions of customers.
Every day you'll work with multiple stakeholders to identify, design, develop and implement advanced analytics projects that track the consumer conversion funnel from start to end. You'll work with your team to provide, interpret, and predict necessary metrics for decision-making. You'll code with machine learning tools like Python, R, and Scala to synthesize millions of data sets into patterns that answer ad hoc requests and then use Tableau for data visualization.
To thrive in this career, you should know how to identify errors and reactively fix them. You'll need to have some formal education in quantitative analytics and know design patterns and data structures. You have the skills to create new models using the technologies above. You will coach and mentor junior data scientists with different strengths to solve various problems with different methodologies and analyses. But given the scale of our data sets and the complex problems we give you to solve, you will stay challenged and engaged with years of exciting projects ahead--all while growing your skills and progressing in a rewarding career.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn More About ADP At Tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP:
We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_VideosWhat You'll Do
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
To Succeed In This Role
- Advanced Analytics & Predictive Modeling with focus on personalization and recommender systems. You bring prior experience to the role of formulating analytical problems, extracting & analyzing data from multiple systems, summarizing critical findings/insights, and developing a compelling visual representation of analyses with actionable recommendations--this will set you up for success on Day 1. You have first-hand experience in personalization or recommender systems problems and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Own and Manage Projects. You will identify, design, develop, and implement advanced analytical projects.
- Limitless Possibilities. You will continue learning and discovering new ways to leverage ADP data to create new products and services and find more insights. You are passionate about learning and applying new techniques within data science that leads to innovations.
- Lead technical growth: You will be helping more junior members of the team grow based on your experience.
- Collaboration and Communication. You'll be part of a collaborative team, listening to needs, then finding and sharing solutions. You're comfortable and skilled at presenting to both peers and leadership on your projects and findings.
- Experience. You have 7+ years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
You'll Love Working Here Because You Can
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent.
- Prior experience in Java, C++, SQL, distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, Hive, or Spark; Oracle, Mongo; data visualization tools like Tableau will give you extra comfort in this role to be successful.
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP:
ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.Ethics at ADP:
ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.