We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays it's part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Analyst to join our growing Asset Improvement team.
The role will entail carrying out performance analysis and output reporting for national customer service and asset inspection, maintenance, repair and renewal delivery programmes. In addition, you will provide analytical reports of the impact of operational activities and advise trends in order to support senior managers and team managers to identify opportunities for improved productivity and compliance/performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The successful candidate will work remotely, desirably from a location where future travel and access to our Birmingham, Newark, Leeds, Wigan, Gloucester or Milton Keynes offices/hubs is possible.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience :
- To contribute to the development, implementation & measurement of asset management strategies that are clearly integrated with, and deliver against, the Trust’s vision, strategic goals, priorities & objectives.
- To coordinate the development & maintenance of asset information management systems (SAP / GIS / Sharepoint) so they provide robust information which can be used to determine the Trust’s priorities and actions.
- To contribute towards development of systems for digital data collection and analysis of digital monitoring data.
- Ensure high quality, accurate data is collected and its integrity is maintained at all times
- Identify and promote continuous improvement opportunities and recommendations based on data analysis.
- Interrogation of data and problem investigation.
- Establish, maintain and implement standards and processes for data management and analysis;
- Work with operational managers to determine data analysis and reporting needs and implement accordingly.
- Work safely ensuring the safety of others and contribute to safe working in all activities.
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. Excel, Word and other MS office applications.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas through data manipulation
- Ability to extract and interpret data in order to display succinct information for reporting purposes.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication.
- Valid driving licence appropriate to vehicle to be driven.
- Degree (or equivalent) in economics, mathematics or statistics based subject.
- Continuous Professional Development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Excel and the ability to manipulate data and present it in varied, clear and concise formats.
- Proven experience working in a data analysis role.
- Proven experience of designing reports and report writing.
- Robust experience of SAP.
- Previous asset management experience.
What We Offer:
In addition to your annual salary we offer various benefits such as great holiday allowance and access to a generous contributory pension scheme. Further details on our benefits can be found here.
We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of. All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job. At the Trust we care passionately for our waterways, and as importantly, for those who look after and use them. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do as a Trust.