THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Data Engineer in the Assortment & Steering Tech, you will join the engineering team in their mission to build data-driven and intelligent decision support systems for internal and external partners, which will increase effectiveness and efficiency of Assortment Governance decision making to a new level. These systems will be a major instrument for hundreds of internal and thousands of external users.
Our cross-functional engineering team is mixed between Full-Stack, Backend and Data Engineers. This is a very exciting time for us as we are currently laying the foundation of the new system, working closely together with data scientists and business analysts for building the most impactful data products and our product managers who ensure all requirements are user-focused through strong collaboration with our customers.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/dobetter-our-diversity-and-inclusion-strategy
Our employee resource groups https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/our-employee-resource-groups
WHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- Design and develop ETL pipelines for large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning Operations and proficiency with bringing and maintaining ML models in production, understanding and applying ML workflows, concepts, tools, algorithms, libraries and platforms to increase automation.
- Design, develop and deploy microservices for our Kubernetes production environment, in collaboration with other engineers, and direct interaction with users.
- Design and development of APIs and event-driven connections between services.
- Own the development cycle - from software design, implementation, and testing to deployment and maintenance of the products.
- Join a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, etc. are kept at very high standards.
- Share your knowledge by contributing to our growing community and becoming part of our internal guilds.
- 5+ experience in building server side applications with Python and/or a JVM language(ex. Kotlin). Experience with dependency management tools/libraries like pipenv/poetry, Maven/Gradle in an agile and commercial setting
- Experience in building and operating ETL pipelines
- Experience in distributed data processing tools/frameworks like Spark, MapReduce etc.
- Proficient in SQL and data modelling
- Ability to write well formatted, structured and clean code that interacts with databases and UI clients
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Docker/Kubernetes, or AWS deployment is a plus
- Ability to assess the complexity of algorithms and optimise them
If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here’s an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model with 60% (or more) remote per week, actual practice is up to each team to best support their collaboration
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
- Drive your development through our training platform and biannual peer-to-peer review
Learn all about Zalando and our values here https //jobs.zalando.com/en/?gh_src=22377bdd1us
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.