Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are looking to add serious talent to our Data Science efforts. As the Director of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, you will be responsible for managing multiple teams of brilliant data scientists, application engineers and QA resources to design, develop and deliver next generation predictive modeling, forecasting, and optimization solutions that power Waystar product offerings. The Director will plan and oversee development, implementation and deployment of the overall machine learning solutions, ensuring that deliverables align with current and future business strategies and are successfully integrated into existing business processes. Our Directors are willing to jump in and roll their sleeves up in order to get the job done and are certainly highly technical.
Looking for some details?
- Schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines; will ultimately be accountable for the success or failure of all team projects
- Motivates and provides guidance to team members to accomplish team goals through counseling, performance reviews, mentoring, and team building activities
- Coaches team members, helping them develop into more senior/experienced resources
- Works closely and cohesively with other Managers within Technology, as well as with key stakeholders in related departments to ensure data science solutions are efficiently deployed post initial development.
- Helps other Technology Managers set and implement policies and procedures related to application quality, standards, and testing
- Plays an integral part in establishing, driving, and enhancing processes and procedures within the team, and within the Technology department as a whole
- Establishes training offerings, suited for individuals’ needs, for them to progress
- Establishes priorities for technical leaders on the team and ensure they have guidance and coaching in mentoring other team members
Do you fit our team?
- 10+ years’ experience managing Technology related staff and/or projects
- 10+ years’ experience with Application Development
- Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations
- Strong desire to succeed and help others succeed demonstrated through proven ability to train and mentor junior team members
- Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to work self-directed
- Extremely enthusiastic and upbeat
- Ability to manage, contribute to, support, expect, and embrace constant change
- Experience in machine learning frameworks and technologies like R and Python
- Deep understanding of healthcare revenue cycle processes and technologies
- Skills in machine learning data mining and other quantitative research analytics such as: Non-Linear Regression Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Bayesian Methods, Generalized Linear Models, Decision Trees and Random Forest, Non Parametric estimations, Neural Networks, Ensemble Models, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or in a related area is preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.