Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Business Services Office is looking for a Data Analyst, Resource Optimization to provide expertise in and coordinate the development and implementation of data management strategies and data collection systems for our Capital Projects Group.
The Data Analyst, Resource Optimization will also identify, analyze and interpret data trends/issues and make recommendations for improvement to business, operations and system processes.
What will I be doing?
- Develops and implements data management strategies and data collection systems including the design and development of relational databases for information management and retrieval that optimize statistical efficiency, data quality and supports evidence based decision making.
- Imports, cleans, transforms, validates and models data to improve data quality and ensure data is accurate and relevant and fosters understanding of operational, business and system issues/trends while advising on data issues which includes quality, availability and usability.
- Identifies, analyses, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets using Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language commands for data gathering and analysis activities; produces ongoing and ad hoc reports and dashboards that identify issues, provide insight into results and outline
- Liaises with internal stakeholders and business units to identify relevant data which can shared and will contribute to the data collection process as well as to determine stakeholder and business unit specific data/information needs.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in a Data Analyst or similar role, with a background in technology, information management, relational database design and development, business intelligence, data mining or statistics.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, database management software and tools and computer applications including MS Office Excel (Pivot tables, Power Pivot, formulas, VBA) and SQL queries.
- Technical expertise in the use and application of data modelling, database design, development, investigative and data mining methods and techniques.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical-thinking skills to identify trends in data and provide insight into results and outline recommendations.
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills to liaise with stakeholders and business units to identify/manage data/information requirements.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER