- Formulate strategies, roadmaps, business cases and Lead the team -Data science, analytics and BI solutions
- Communicate the vision and engage with global stakeholders across different functional groups
- Mentor and guide team members on both technical and business aspects
- Drive Global Business Intelligence tool strategic initiatives physically and remotely across the regions (Asia Pacific(APAC), Latin America(Latam) and The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a Data science, analytics, and BI project: from gathering and understanding the end-user needs, architecting the solution to preparing and executing the functional and product tests before business handover.
- Ensure best practices are upheld when fulfilling projects
With a confidence interval of 90%, if you can ‘strictly’ prove your skills in at least 4 of the 5, then you can easily be able to do most of what is stated above.
- Language - Proficient and well-defined knowledge of at least 1 statistical programming language - R or Python AND the one main data language - SQL
- Data - Ability to work with datasets of all shapes, sizes and textures - from 20 KB-200 PB
- Open Source - Experience with open source application usage for data processing and reporting purposes e.g. Apache Airflow, Apache Superset
- Presentation - Ability to produce spot-on business-ready output with key action items
- Maths - Proficient knowledge of statistics with a well displayed ability to build predictive models, forecasting approaches, simulation and personalisation algorithms
The zeroth skill that is expected as a default is an ability to program/code, along with the must-have skills of maintaining code quality and following standard software development life cycle of build -> test -> deploy using Git and a CI pipeline.
Extra points for the following great-to-haves:
- Experience with the online retail industry or any major e-commerce player
- Working knowledge of parallelisation processes and deep learning approaches
- Certification/knowledge of AWS and GCP solutions and prior experience with docker and container based deployments
- Contribution to the open source community and an advocate of using open source technologies to solve business problems
- Having built scalable data products for a business end user using the Agile methodology