The Data Analyst will be responsible for researching, collecting data and performing statistical analysis needed to monitor trends and patterns. This position will distribute and monitor data analysis projects, support staff in overcoming barriers in their projects and review the accuracy and reliability of data analysis projects.
The Data Analyst is also required to have an advanced understanding of the function and utilization of queries and data tables. This position will take primary responsibility for “getting the data right”, managing and preparing data for web applications, reports, graphs, charts and Business Intelligence tools. The Data Analyst must be able to organize raw data, produce actionable insights and effectively communicate this information through data visualizations and messaging.
The Data Analyst will work closely with the PMHCC IT Application Programmers assigned to support CTT and will perform several responsibilities at the request of the programming staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with and serve as the interface for the purpose of insuring coordination of information systems planning between CTT, the PMHCC Information Services Department, the PMHCC Finance/Administration Department and the Legal and Compliance Officer
- Gather requirements for new enhancements as needed from the above entities as they pertain to business processes, data collection and reporting and communicating this information to the Programming team so they may code the information system application
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of all application changes, fixes or enhancements and involve staff in CTT in UAT as needed
- Act as the first point of contact for any information system application issues or problems; investigate if it is a system wide issue or specific to a user and communicate/create tickets for the Programming team to investigate and fix or provide recommendations to issues.
- Set priorities based on input and feedback from the CTT executive team on any new enhancements to the information system application and communicate/manage the priorities with the Programming team
- Organize data generated and manipulate data received through research into reports that is easily readable and demonstrates findings legibly
- Distribute and monitor data analysis projects; support staff in overcoming barriers in their projects and review the accuracy and reliability of data analysis projects
- Conduct analytical and statistical research; make recommendations on data collection and analysis methods to ensure data is reliable and understandable; synthesize and interpret information, translate quantitative and qualitative data into visuals and reports for varying audiences
- Prepare comprehensive reports, graphs and tables; track and report on key performance indicators for the department using an array of reporting tools including business intelligence applications
- Support ad hoc analytic requests; providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify and gather appropriate information to remove gaps in data (missing, incomplete, inaccurate, etc.)
- Provide continued training to CTT staff on the information system application, new features and/or enhancements
- Train the executive and supervisory team on the use of any ad hoc reporting tools or business intelligence tools
- Initiate research projects that are data-driven, which directly address questions from CTT staff and external partners
- Ability to translate complicated data into useful information
- Advanced experience with SQL; authoring pipelines via SQL
- Advanced understanding of Excel
- Advanced understanding of queries and data tables
- Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills
- Advanced understanding of data management and storage infrastructures
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to build key data sets to empower operation and exploratory analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Extremely strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate and work with others; share information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize and respond to requests with speed and agility
- Proficiency in critical thinking and usage of problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex statistical analysis
- Proficiency in using computer software packages to manage and produce data such as tables, maps and/or graphic displays
- Excellent written analysis and oral presentation skills
- Ability to write queries to extract data for reporting or information requests
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Statistics, or a related field of study is required.
- Experience in a technical field performing data analytics, modeling and statistical analyses
- Familiarity with health data, HIPAA is a plus
- Familiarity with social work or case management organizations is a plus
- At least two (2) years of experience with SQL database queries and reporting
- At least two (2) years of experiencein a technical field performing data analytics, reporting, modeling and statistical analyses
- At least two (2) years of experience using Microsoft Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PMHCC, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity. It is our policy to support equal employment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual preferences, age, national origin, disability, behavioral health status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Employees as well as applicants who are currently, or become disabled, must be able to perform the functions of the job with either reasonable accommodation or unaided. PMHCC, Inc. will examine reasonable accommodations on a case by case basis in accordance with the law.