Are you looking for an opportunity to join a Fortune 200 company where your expertise in data engineering and technologies will influence the speed and execution of strategic business initiatives? If you have 3+ years of IT experience, built data pipelines, engineered complex data sets and queried databases using Python or SQL, then we want to speak with you about the Data Engineer role that we are looking to fill. The position is based in Richmond, VA, but we are open to remote work arrangements.
What will you be doing?
You will work multi-functionally with diverse partners to understand business needs and develop high impact data and technology solutions
- Build data solutions from design phase to completion and ensure they meet specific requirements
- Onboard new data sets, assess data quality, perform data engineering or ETL for data marts, visualizations, or data science models
- Query large data sets for ad hoc exploration, analysis, or testing
- Assess technical infrastructure and processes, identifying potential risks and recommending corrective action.
- Help design data models for optimal performance, flexibility and scalability
- Communicate complex technical information to business customers and project teams in an effective and concise manner
- Participate as a technical resource for a variety of information projects that will be dictated by current business needs and technological developments
We want you to have:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Analytics, Decision Science, Data Science, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with data warehouse solutions, ETL tools, data engineering, or data APIs
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, including SQL, Python, R or Scala, preferably in a Spark environment
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, such as Microsoft Azure or Databricks, is preferred
- Familiarity with advanced analytical techniques and machine learning tools is preferred
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of agile project management methodology
Company Overview: Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80 percent interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer. Altria’s significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Over the next 10 years, we have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.