Flexible, challenging, versatile
Exciting challenges are managed best in a harmonious environment. With an innovative employer who supports you individually and meets you on equal grounds. With more than 16.000 employees in 48 countries the Volkswagen Financial Services is more than just Europe’s biggest automobile financial services provider. We are the key to mobility.
Discover the versatile possibilities for your career at VW FS now and start with all of us as a:
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/w/d) - Data, Analytics & AI Unit (in Berlin or Braunschweig)
Become a part of shaping the future of our digital business model and creating the foundation for digitally connecting customers to our worldwide Volkswagen Financial Services ecosystem. We are excited about our opportunity to both greatly expand on our large existing customer base, but also to enhance the loyalty of our customers by identifying their needs and aligning innovative products with these needs.
To deliver on our vision of a digital future we are building our digital capability platform based on a flexible and cloud-native architecture designed to serve the requirements of our international markets and brands, tailored to deliver outstanding customer experiences across all digital channels. Our top priority is to deliver world-class products that span across Portals, Payments, Global CRM (Salesforce), Mobility, and more so that we are always ready to delight our customers in all interactions.
We are an international and diverse team with more than 100 peers located in an open, modern working environment in our offices in Berlin & Braunschweig. A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working in interdisciplinary, agile squads, getting things done attitude and access to cutting edge technologies characterize our daily work at the Digital Program.
As part of the Digital Program, the Data Analytics & AI Unit (DNA) is responsible for establishing advanced analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence as core competencies of the company. By developing and implementing data and AI products, value creation is optimized across departments and markets and the evolution towards a data-driven business is pushed forward. Stay on top of the newest technologies, challenge the status quo and break new ground in optimizing the business in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere with the opportunity to actively transform the future of digital captive business at a group level and having an impact at a global scale.
Come and join our Data, Analytics & AI team as a (Senior) Data Scientist!
Duties and responsibilities as Data Scientist:
- Work closely with product managers, experts, and executives across all business units, both domestically and internationally, to understand business issues and translate them into data product ideas
- Prepare, integrate and analyze extensive and diverse customer, vehicle, product, transaction, and web data from the Financial Services environment
- Apply state-of-the-art data science, analytics, and AI (e.g., develop predictive models and apply data mining and machine learning methods) to generate new insights and validate data product ideas
- Work with the engineering team to build scalable and robust applications around validated data product ideas
- Present insights and solutions to management using advanced visualization tools to create meaningful representations of results
- Support the implementation of the insights gained to improve marketing activities and optimize the efficiency of processes in our national companies
- Discuss with and convince various international departments in Germany and abroad regarding the potential and use of data analytics
Your skills and qualifications:
- Interest and enthusiasm for Data Science and its commercialization, especially in the context of Customer Life Cycle, Vehicle Life Cycle and New Mobility
- Extensive technical knowledge and skills including decision trees, SVMs, neural networks, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series analysis, regression analysis, deep learning, forecasting, and data visualization
- Very good knowledge and practical experience in Python and related Data Science frameworks (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy)
- Good knowledge of at least one major machine learning framework (Keras, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and SQL
- Solid knowledge of at least one other programming language (Scala, Java, Julia)
- Good understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Working experience with complex visualization of data
- Good knowledge of Big Data architectures and frameworks (Spark, Flink, Hadoop)
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) and technologies such as Docker, Git, Concourse
- Strong background and hands-on experience in data analytics techniques, e.g., predictive modeling, classification and regression, association analysis and sequence pattern recognition, segmentation, estimation, and variance analysis
- Completed studies (at least diploma/master's degree) in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field of study and several years of practical experience as a data scientist and/or in the digital environment
- Team player with a strong creative drive and personal initiative as well as communication and assertiveness skills
- Fluent in English
attractive remuneration packages
Full-time or part-time
Volkswagen Financial Services AG
e.g. mobile phone contract at reduced price, attractive leasing offers etc.
the option to switch industries and companies with the security to re-enter VW FS in the future
personal development potentialities and health services
The only thing that we are still missing is your application.
Simply click on apply now and get started.
In case of further inquiry please provide the Job-ID as reference number: 10745
Volkswagen Financial Services