The Line and Pricing Modeling
team within Card Risk Modeling group is responsible for developing and implementing best in class predictive models in various function areas to manage Chase credit card portfolios. Working for the largest credit card issuing bank in the US, you will develop and implement various account level predictive mathematical models to estimate risk and profitability of the card portfolio and leverage these models to recommend optimal action strategies in credit card price and line management areas.
Line management and Pricing are important areas in card portfolio management in which existing strategies can be optimally enhanced with appropriate machine learning algorithms that effectively utilize rich data assets, big data platform and best in class analytical capabilities.
In this role, you will be the modeling expert for identifying and leveraging suitable machine learning algorithms for developing models and strategies. Your work includes a balance of feature engineering, feature selection, and developing and training machine learning algorithms using cutting edge technology to extract predictive models/patterns from account level and/or transaction level data gathered from millions of accounts. You will also compare the new approach with the traditional statistical approach and provide modeling and strategic recommendation that can be implemented and will enhance portfolio profitability with appropriate control in risk.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, and other related quantitative fields. Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- Expert in generalized linear models, unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms.
- Experienced in developing models for commercial purposes using some (at least 3) of the following machine learning algorithms like XGBoost, Random Forrest, KNN, CNN, RNN, SVM, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in some of the open source programming languages for large scale data analysis such as Python / Scala / Java
- Experienced with traditional database / system language (e.g. SAS, SQL, etc.) to collaborate with other data analysts / systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and influence across all levels of the organization
- A strong interest in how models work, the reasons why particular models work or not work on particular problems, and the practical aspects of how new models are designed
- Experience with model design in a big data environment making use of distributed/parallel processing via Hadoop, particularly Spark and Hive. Experience designing models on GPU-accelerated hardware
- Academic papers published in the area of machine learning in the top machine learning journals
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans