(MPPD) Principal Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst, Data Unit
You will be working with both internal and external stakeholders to support data driven policy making and programme reviews, as subject matter experts of data stored in MOM Data Lab. Your key activities will include:
- Data processing (cleaning, fusing, structuring)
- Working with policy departments and other agencies on dashboards, data visualisation, and data analytics projects
- Training to uplift data competencies amongst policy outfits
- Working with departments and other agencies to acquire new data sets to maximise exploitation potential; and
- Overseeing the secure and effective use of the Data Lab.
Aside from advising users of the Data Lab on datasets and analysis methodologies, you will also be given the opportunity to partner policy departments on data analysis for projects and policy reviews.
Officers with analytics skill sets will also help us stretch the boundaries of imagination for how data could be used, within the Manpower Planning and Policy Division or in partnership with other departments.
- Tertiary qualification in any field
- Relevant experience in data analytics and sense-making of both structured and unstructured data
- Experience in handling large datasets
- Proficiency with at least 1 programming language (e.g. R, Python, Matlab)
- Proficiency with at least 1 SQL software (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Expertise in machine learning, computational intelligence, data engineering, and/or big data stacks (such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark) is a plus
- Team player and Inquisitive