Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Data Analyst will join the team in ideally Tullamore (Dublin can also be an option) to lead the development of our global scale data offerings.
Working within an Agile environment, you will review, analyse and evaluate data captured within ACETECH systems and present the data to stakeholders along with detailed insights garnered from the data.
Developing striking and meaningful visualisations, you will help customers and other stakeholders understand the business conditions they are operating in as well as advise on trends and guide future actions based on powerful predictive analytics. You will also work with development colleagues to embed analytics into ACETECH’s SaaS offerings as part of our continuous delivery of value to our customers.
This is a vital role for delivering ACETECH’s Data Strategy, and the ideal candidate will have some experience developing compelling visualisations and analytics for use in large-scale web applications.
- Develop an understanding of core business data from the perspective of value to the customer.
- Gather data, design, and deliver comprehensive and detailed analytical reports and dashboards to provide customer insights.
- Produce impactful data visualisations for use in reporting, dashboards, and for inclusion in products.
- Maintain high levels of data quality by developing and applying data quality measures.
- Acquire relevant data from third party sources and integrate into core data sets to enrich offerings.
- Work with our academic partners in the development of new analytic algorithms and provide thought leadership within the team on data management practices, technology, and analytics.
- Stay up-to-date with new tools and technologies and facilitate their introduction
- Some experience delivering enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Strong data visualisation knowledge with some practical experience in technologies like D3.js, Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, or similar
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, data warehousing, ETL, and techniques for wrangling multiple data sources.
- Familiarity with DAMA Data Management principles an advantage
- Experienced in SQL, Python, and messaging or data streaming technologies (Kafka, ActiveMQ or similar)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams/Slack or willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications and a proactive ability to work with local colleagues and remote teams
- Degree level education in an area such as Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Software Engineering