Are you looking for a role in fintech start up that can offer variety, challenges and excellent opportunity to further develop skills? Would you embrace chance to join small team on an exciting journey? Then you may want to talk to us about this role.
We have role with company that have significantly grown their technology team in last year and would now like to add an experienced Data Engineer
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Data acquisition
- Develop data set processes
- Use programming language and tools
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Computer Science degree or similar and commercial experience in data role
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Use of version tools such as Git.
- A keen interest in data and technology with a willingness to learn.
- Should enjoy working with code and have a desire to build, test and fix things.
- Flexible and adaptable when working within a small team.
- Excellent communicator, good initiative and some leadership qualities.
This will be role based in Dundee with mix of working from home and meetings in office.
Apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more, call for chat or drop me an email.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.