We are looking for an incredible (Senior) Data Engineer to join our fast growing HQ in Berlin.
audibene / hear.com is the fastest-growing audiology care company ever. We are driven by our belief that every person should hear well to live well. With our unique digital business model, we have changed the way hearing care is provided. We are a profitable global HealthTech with origins in Europe.
Since starting our journey in 2012, we have helped over 100,000 customers get on the path to better hearing. In just 7 years we have grown our team from 2 to over 1,000 people. We work hard and play hard in 11 international locations from Denver to Seoul.
Join us now, as we are shaping this fascinating consumer healthcare space!You will:
- Key contributor to the design, build and migration from existing connections to state-of-the-art master data management
- Design and implement complex data models making our data flow seamlessly to the consuming systems
- Design, build and automate new work flows or improve existing ones e.g. via introduction of cloud based products
- Ownership of engineering and data modelling process
- Develop new solutions and automate work flows
- Support and co-ordinate data integration projects for smooth implementation
- Take ownership of technical solutions and processes of the Data teams
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (python, java, c#)
- Expertise in data engineering, data modelling and virtualisation
- Familiarity with database technologies (PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MySQL) and AWS
- Experience in at least one workflow management platform (Airflow etc)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in distributed computing is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Pulsar, AWS Kinesis)
- Hands on experience in architecting integrations using streaming platform like Kafka etc. is a plus
- Project Management skills are a plus
- Change lives… see the real world impact of what you do!
- Join an international, hyper growth company... constantly solve new challenges
- €2k annual educational budget… learn new skills in areas that excite you
- We are more than 50 nationalities and we speak more than 20 languages
- We believe in the so-called Work-Dog-Balance, your best friend is more than welcome.
- Gym discounts, loft office in Prenzlauer Berg with a roof terrace
- Flexible working hours... work from home when you want!
- We love to spend time together on regular company sponsored team events, parties and annual trips!