VP - Product Management / Data Analyst
J.P. Morgan is an industry leader in providing Retail Banking, Wealth management, Financing, Technology and order execution capabilities to retail individuals & organizations worldwide. We provide access to the firm's resources, tools and products so clients can focus their time growing assets, attracting clients and building their businesses. A unique platform supports diverse business types: institutional / capital markets, trading, wealth management, prime brokerage, fixed income and international firms. J.P. Morgan is the marketing name for the investment banking activities of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
The JPM Wealth Management (JPMWM) business is focused on helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals and is comprised of the Chase wealth management business, J.P. Morgan Securities and You Invest - our digital investing platform. The combined business has ~$400 billion in assets under management and ~4,000 advisors who work out of 3,500 branches and 21 offices.
As a Product and Data Analyst, you will play a critical role in defining and executing on USWM Data Strategy which is foundational to rapidly growing product development of market differentiating end-to-end capabilities within the USWM organization. The position is ideal for an individual that can combine product management and end to end ownership experience, a deep understanding of next generation data and analytics environments and superior problem structuring skills.
- Partner across the firm's WM businesses and technology teams to help lead the build-out of core data capabilities such as data discovery & classification, data pipeline frameworks and historical or streaming data delivery, in order to implement on product roadmaps and feature sets, with a focus on ensuring the firm stays on the leading edge of digital capabilities
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, workflows, detailed functional & non-functional requirements, use cases and other materials as needed to support design, development and infrastructure
- Work directly with Product Managers and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Enable the management of data as a corporate asset: define data (metadata), identify systems of record and authoritative sources, create data quality rules, define security requirements, create data flow diagrams, and administer firm-wide principles, standards, and controls
- Collaborate with and influence solution architects, engineers & delivery teams to adopt enterprise data architecture specifications in solutions
- 5+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on technical systems analysis and data strategy consulting
- Experience managing product delivery across multiple work streams with varying timelines, priorities and complexities, ultimately launching new / enhanced product to market
- Strong understanding of, and experience working with, an Agile development framework
- Demonstrable experience authoring business requirements, defining user stories and execution, including bringing together cross-functional teams within an Agile development framework
- Ability to execute via successful internal partnerships with other organizations. Adept at influencing peers with diverse points of view and building consensus
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Subject matter expertise around wealth management and/or personal finance desired
- Hands on experience with SQL or visualization tool on data analysis
- Prefer experience on visualization tools like Altryx, Tabaleu or Qliksesne
- Prefer experience Python and Machine learning
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.