Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Investment Data Analyst
What is the opportunity?
The Data Governance Office (DGO) at RBC Global Asset Management (GAM) is accountable for implementing and maintaining GAM’s Data Management Program. The DGO has authority over the governance of all information at GAM and the obligation to create and enforce standards, set rules and establish policies on data creation, integration, and consumption.
In your role as Senior Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for data driven business analysis, data maintenance and management of complex data flows. You will identify and collect data sources, analyze and extract key data and information, evaluate and monitor data quality to meet the organization's information system needs and requirements. You will also develop data policies and provide consistent improvement of data quality and transparency.
What will you do?
- Maintain and enrich RBC Global Asset Management’s data warehouse working with all of RBC Global Asset Management’s investment groups. This would include security classification, analytics and reference data.
- Work in conjunction with team members to ensure data standards are defined and enforced
- Collaborate with internal clients to identify, document and source data
- Support initiatives and project implementations
- Document business and technical processes
- Develop toolsets and methods to improve data quality and availability
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- A working experience of 3-5 years in the investment data space
- Demonstrated ability to understand data relationships, aggregate information and utilize SQL or other querying languages to research data issues
- Experience verifying security data using sources such as Bloomberg, Yield Book, Factset, Ratings Agencies, and/or others
- Operational understanding of fixed income, equity and derivative securities
- Ability to translate business requirements into data requirements
Nice to Have
- Investment operations, compliance or back-office experience
- Ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment. Strong follow-through skills
- Ability to be able to think creatively and use ‘out of the box’ solutions where possible.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.