Telix Pharmaceuticals is a dynamic, fast-growing radiopharmaceutical company with offices in Australia (HQ), Belgium, Japan, Switzerland, and the United States. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine through targeted radiation. At our core, we exist to create products that seek to improve the quality of life for people living with cancer and rare diseases.
You will be supporting the international roll-out of our approved prostate cancer imaging agent and helping us to advance our portfolio of late clinical-stage products that address significant unmet need in oncology and rare diseases.
As AI/ML Engineer at Telix Pharmaceuticals, you will design and build (AI) applications, primarily using machine learning/deep learning, in support of the Telix portfolio. As a growth area of research for Telix, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of the company's imaging software platform, by developing new and novel AI models that utilise clinical data from the company's diagnostic imaging tracers as well as therapy products, and building a comprehensive suite of AI based applications.
In this role you will report to the Director of AI Research but will also work closely with the Data Manager, Telix's internal research, clinical and project teams across multiple disciplines.
What You'll Do
- Research, design and develop AI/ML models in line with the company's AI strategy and as guided by the Director of AI Research.
- Validate and provide objective performance metrics/statistical analysis of developed AI models.
- Identify data required for model training and arrange extraction and pre-processing of data from internal repository or obtain from external source. Ensure data is of high quality and is of sufficient volume and variability to support model training.
- Develop software to incorporate AI models into applications that can be used in clinical practice. This may involve integration with other vendor's software platforms.
- Establish MLOps automation pipelines and follow good software development practices to ensure the production of quality software that can be submitted for regulatory approval.
- Work with external collaborators and contribute to project initiatives and evaluate their project deliverables. Collaborate internally across multiple teams and disciplines and provide technical support for other projects.
- Contribute to the Telix intellectual property (IP) portfolio through patents and publications.
- Previous hands-on experience developing the use of AI in medical imaging and/or computer vision.
- 3+ years relevant applied experience working with machine learning, AI platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn) and neural network algorithms on large datasets.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer science, Computational Biology, Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated competence with software development in Python (including Jupyter notebooks), Java, or C++, statistical software (e.g. R, MATLAB) and database analysis and languages (e.g. pandas, SQL)
- Experience using software development tools such as source code control systems (e.g. Git, CVS) and DevOps (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, Maven)
- Desirable for basic knowledge and exposure to cloud technologies (e.g. Docker) and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
Why work at Telix?
At Telix, we believe everyone counts
, we strive to be extraordinary
, and we pursue our goals with determination and integrity
. You will be part of an engaged and supportive group of colleagues who all have a shared purpose: to help people with cancer and rare diseases live longer, better quality lives.
Being a Telix employee means being a part of a unique, global, interdisciplinary team working to deliver what's next in precision medicine. We have have hybrid and remote employees located all around the world. We offer competitive salaries, annual performance-based bonuses, an equity-based incentive program, generous vacation, paid wellness days, hybrid and remote work arrangements, and support for learning and development.
Telix Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.