Responsible for providing analytic support, which includes data collection, trending, reporting and forecasting functions to ensure data integrity. Will design, develop, analyze and determine reporting controls and procedures for the department and/or internal clients.
- Provide programming support to extract and analyze data from different enterprise systems.
- Write SQL queries or use SQL tools to access source data.
- Develop new reports and report templates to support business needs by utilizing various reporting tools and data mining techniques.
- Develop, implement, and maintain consistent processes for data quality controls to ensure data integrity and make recommendations to improve data integrity,
- Monitor and analyze data to determine department improvement areas.
- Work collaboratively with customers to complete effective needs analyses to successfully provide analytic support and problem solving assistance to business areas.
- Identify trends and participate in problem-solving, investigation, and analyses to make recommendations to business areas to effectively assist them with decision making on operational or other business issues.
- Communicate meaningful insights by creating charts and slide presentations and presenting findings and recommendations to business areas.
- Generate reports for regular distribution and provide ongoing user support for ad hoc reporting, questions, queries, and problem support.
- May maintain departmental inventory of queries – looking for opportunities to move to a production state with system generated reports, eliminating duplicates, and creating a single source process for repository, and guidelines for execution to minimize taxing the production systems.
- May serve as point-of-contact for audit processes and procedures:
- Suggest procedural changes as necessary to provide the level of reporting required.
- Research, gather, prepare, and substantially edit reports, graphics and other materials.
- Develop and maintain document processes to generate reports.
- Evaluate data for presence of PHI fields. Consult with subject matter experts within the department for resolution of security and privacy issues.
- Represent department on multiple project teams and process optimization efforts as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (where required)
- 3+ years of experience in related field.
- In lieu of degree, 5+ years of experience in related field.