You want to become part of the beginning of our success story and create software that gets people what they love in minutes? Join Arive and leave your individual footprint in tech that will not only revolutionize a whole industry but also a whole generation.
You want to work independently, efficiently, and write machine learning algorithms from starting which you can own then you are welcome in the team for this mission.
We are currently seeking a Senior ML Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence products and join our team in Berlin.
Your will be part of a team that constantly looks to improve, to grow and to learn. You will work on an initial data collection phase, on the newest technologies without any liability code.
- You will work with our growing engineering, product, and backend team to analyze and build machine learning models and retrain systems.
- Study and transform data science prototypes and design machine learning systems.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, NodeJs (TypeScript) and R
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Team player: You thrive in an agile and faced paced environment. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals. You care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and convince the team into right direction, standing on your grounds.
- Strong communicator: You express nuanced ideas and technical decisions clearly, whether in writing or while brainstorming in real-time. You have very good written and verbal English communication skills.
Your experience in relevant technologies
- 3 years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, algorithms and machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Well versed with a version control system (Git) & teamwork via (JIRA Ticket system)
Nice to have
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Efficient Restful API design in node (Typescript)
- Dev-ops and Nginx Server configurations
- Experience/good knowledge of Docker and containerization
- Experience in continuous deployment & build optimization
- Ability to handle API change requests in back-end system
- Flexibility and safety are important to us. Partial remote work is completely fine.
- Our environment is a learning one. We focus on your personal development and growth. As a growing company, we have ample need for leaders across all areas and functions, enabling you to grow personally and professionally.
- Competitive salary and 25 paid vacation days plus German public holidays
- Choice of a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- High level of ownership and an empowered working environment in a great team with regular team events
- We are international and all our communication is in English.
- You are not located in Berlin? If required, we offer extensive visa and relocation support including travel allowances, temporary accommodation in Berlin, and support from our team—many of whom have made the experience of relocating internationally