Machine Learning Engineer:
- Deliver innovative cutting-edge Machine Learning solutions!
- Join one of Australia’s most advanced big data platform engineering teams!
- Be part of an interesting pipeline of high visibility projects
Do work that matters
As an experienced Machine Learning engineer with proven expertise in software or DevOps engineering, providing data-driven solutions, you’re ahead of trends and work at the forefront of Big Data technologies.
Which is why we’re the perfect fit for you. Here, you’ll be part of a team of engineers going above and beyond to improve the standard of digital banking. Using the latest tech to solve our customers’ most complex data-centric problems.
Across our end-to-end cycle, it will be your job to support the design and construction of large-scale automated machine learning and data mining practices. Drawing from your ability to integrate diverse sets of data from multiple sources you will design, develop and build industry-leading group data products.
As someone who’s both eager to learn and share knowledge, you’re at home in a culture where quality, excellence and openness are championed. Here you’ll experience flexibility, great rewards and the opportunity to drive your own career growth.
See yourself in our team
To us, data is everything. It’s what powers our cutting-edge features and it’s the reason we can provide seamless experiences for millions of customers from app to branch.
We’re responsible for CommBank’s key analytics capabilities and work to create world-leading capabilities for analytics, information management and decisioning. We work across the Group Data Warehouse, Hadoop Big Data Platform, Pega Decisioning, SAS, R, Tableau, Oracle BI, Ab Initio and Data Stage.
We value innovation and encourage our employees to constantly think outside the box and break boundaries to solve complex problems. Our diverse teams are dedicated to learning, sharing knowledge and continuous improvement.
What skills you will possess?
- Strong skills and experience in building machine learning pipelines & software engineering applications using Microservices, Python, R, REST APIs, React JS & Flask would be mandatory.
- Commendable expertise in DevOps engineering, application containerisation using Docker & Kubernetes, CI/ CD tools including Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub and Artifactory are highly essential.
- Demonstrated experience in big data tech stack including Scala programming, Apache Kafka & Apache Spark would be ideal, but not mandatory.
- A passion to learn new skills along with a positive ‘Can-do’ attitude would be highly desirable.
- An ability to effectively communicate, educate and positively influence business stakeholders & other technical leadership groups, along with being the driving force in solving complex data problems would be highly essential!
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working programs to support your emotional well-being!
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at all times
- Group Health Fund and award-winning Super fund!
- Amazing development and career progression programs on offer!
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 16/12/2021