The Microsoft News & Feeds team is looking for passionate Applied Scientist at all levels to join our Content Understanding and Moderation team. The team is working on solving the hardest ML problems in NLP, document understanding and moderation space. We applied the cutting-edge ML technologies to do document understanding, moderation trait detection in a multi modal setting across text, image and videos and apply them throughout our recommendation stack to drive topline engagement growth and to deliver a high-quality brand safe feed. We are a mixed team of Data Scientists and Software engineers. We aim high, dream big, and iterate through a grounded process of measurement, modeling, experiment, and user feedback through a closed loop.
This opportunity is truly exciting as the project we're working on has the potential to define the future of content services for Microsoft. Imagine a scenario where billions of users around the world can discover content they care about and start new conversations with their friends, family, and colleagues - this is what we're creating! Today, Windows has close to 1 billion monthly active users, and Outlook, Teams, Edge, and Bing also have hundreds of millions of users plus the partnership with third party, the presents a huge opportunity to engage users with content worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Lead and participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety of features, including directly building ML/DL models.
- Drive innovations in NLP applications, ranking and recommendation algorithms.
- Drive architectural changes into the product to expand our footprint and increase developer agility.
- Regularly communicate team progress internally and evangelize progress and opportunities to a wider audience including management and leadership.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or other engineering or science fields and 4+ years industry experience in related fields OR PhD with 2+ years industry experience.
- Proficient experience with C#/C++/Java/Python/Scala or any other OOP skills with a good knowledge of Data Structures/Algorithms.
- Do you have a minimum of 1 year experience in machine learning, deep learning and/or related fields?
- PhD with research experience on Machine Learning.
- Experience developing end to end ML/DL systems.
- Have research or work experience in NLP, Document understanding ML systems.
- Strong knowledge in deep learning computational graph frameworks, such as Tensorflow/Pytorch
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.