Data Analyst SME
Slate Technologies is a Silicon Valley technology startup, bringing fresh minds and tools to the world of Smart Buildings, Smart Infrastructure, Sustainability, architecture and construction. With a credible team from world renowned institutions, we are leading the way in transforming the way buildings and Infrastructure comes to life.
Exciting career opportunity in a Worldwide Organization, within the Customer Engagement Team shaping the design of a new generation of products and solutions that are transformational in nature. In this position, you (and your data skills) will play a key role in informing and shaping the design of a state-of-the-art AI system to modernize the smart buildings and infrastructure space. A unique opportunity at the intersection of customer engagement, industry, product, and engineering, you will work with some of the brightest minds, leading customers and creating solutions from the ground up. The Customer Engagement Team also works closely with Slate’s partners to showcase how Slate’s decision assistant can transform the way they view and action data, and always has an eye looking ahead, researching, and exploring innovative solutions.
Data Analyst Responsibilities
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to use your data analyst/engineering skills to discover and analyze patterns across datasets from our customers and partners, as well as large industry datasets. You will be at the “data front line,” developing approaches, examples, and data stories, showcasing how datasets can be integrated into Slate’s decision assistant, and providing significant value to our customers, transforming the industry along the way.
- Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts and team members, as well as external stakeholders, initially to define key questions to explore within the datasets.
- Creatively aggregate and analyze numerous datasets (from industry partners, as well as the design and construction customers) to research and create specific examples, which provide a springboard for the Engineering Data Team.
- Demonstrate how large, complex datasets can be utilized to meet customer business requirements.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Data Science team to identify how engage effectively with the data pipeline architecture.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Data Science Team to utilize the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Data storytelling interacting with customers, external partners, and internal team
- Create data tools for analytics and for use by the team.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and knowledge of SQL and AWS technologies, as well scripting languages and tools such as Grasshopper and Dynamo.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box, and creatively explore what is possible at the intersection of design and construction industry datasets.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5+ years of experience in data analyst / engineering.
- Strong Python skills with focus in data analysis/engineering.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Understanding of machine learning models, and model training.
- Working knowledge of deep learning models.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and data-storytelling skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about collaborating to shape and design next generation tools.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Data Analytics Engineering, and/or related disciplines.
- Ability to work remote and on customer location/sites.
- Customer facing personality that likes to engage with customers and their data to help them understand how to see their data in the Slate solution.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Building Construction Environment a plus.
If this sounds like you, you should apply right away so we can discuss how you can be a part of this exciting, fast-paced organization!
Slate Technologies, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.