Key requirements include:
- A minimum of a Honours degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Science, or social science with a quantitative background.
- A couple of years’ research-related experience.
- At least one sole or co-authored publication.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (such as Excel, SPSS, SAS, R).
- Expertise and proven experience in queries, report writing using and understanding relational databases including SQL, postgresql, MS Access, with strong capabilities to apply these programmes in survey data management and analyses.
- Demonstrable mastery of basic computer skills (typical office suite Software); MS Access and other database management programmes and capabilities to apply these programmes in survey data management and analysis.
- Experience and strengths in statistical analysis.
- Experience in creating interactive data and graphs.
- Experience in documentation of data procedures.
- Experience and understanding how measurement instruments, particularly large scale surveys, relate to databases and data extractions.
- Excellent team, communication, leadership and people skills are required, as this is a cross-cutting role.
- Intellectual and personal integrity, imagination, adaptability and drive.
In your application, please include a letter of motivation indicating your suitability for the position, your CV; the names of three contactable referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Please indicate the applicable reference number.
The HSRC will only consider applications that include the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application on-line at http://hsrc.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Please note the following:
- Ensure you use Google Chrome or Firefox from a computer or laptop, and not a cell phone
- Only your CV can be uploaded on the first page after you have registered/logged in.
- ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS can be uploaded on the “Document” tab on your profile
- Attachments must be less than 2 MB.
Enquiries (not applications or CVs) may be directed to Dr Atoko Kasongo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its black, female or disabled senior managers, research leaders and support staff.
Closing date: 27 July 2021. We encourage applicants to submit prior to this date. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates interviewed will be advised of the outcome of their applications.
The HSRC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Details of the HSRC can be found on the website, at www.hsrc.ac.za