Job DescriptionAre you looking to be a part of a hardworking, passionate team that values innovation, creativity, and speed?There has never been a better time to work for General Motors!
This is aHybrid
position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.About the Team:
The Global Purchasing and Supply Chain IT team provides the technology innovation behind one of the world's largest digital supply chains, with a network of 182 plants, 650 logistics service providers and 3,100 suppliers to build 9 million vehicles and deliver to over 15,000 dealers worldwide. IT integrates the enterprise to make this happen. Our industry-leading team of analysts, developers, engineers, and architects develop, test, and deploy the technology that drives GM. This is an expansive team that is looking for a dynamic and critical team member.About the Role:
The AI Data Engineer will be part of a team responsible for supporting and reinforcing the adoption of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning techniques with the goal of establishing significant improvements in the predictive capabilities and overall resiliency of GM's Global Supply Chain.The AI Data Engineer will partner with data scientists, analysts, and software engineers to drive the identification, evaluation and adoption of rapid iterative and incremental AI/ML software solutions. Responsibilities will include identifying and sourcing data relevant for the solution, designing and building the infrastructure to import the data, and analysis and preparation of the data for the ML modeling solution.The ideal candidate will have experience with using ModelOps concepts to design and implement solutions with complete model lifecycle automation.Qualifications
Additional Job DescriptionAbout GM
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ Years of experience in Data Science, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis
- Strong problem solver with ability to evaluate a challenge and understand solution patterns
- Experience in data aggregation and manipulation of large data sets
- Knowledge of data quality, data cleansing, data wrangling, and data standards
- Expertise in Data Science methodology, Analytics, Visualization & Reporting
- Knowledge and willingness to learn to be proficient with industry leading large-scale data platforms (e.g Hadoop, Greenplum, Oracle)
- Ability to write scalable, fault tolerant code using distributed data applications such as Python, SQL, Spark, Scala, and Bash
- Ability to rapidly learn innovative technologies and apply to solving business problems
- Experience with DataStage and ETL patterns
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.