Our vision at Freeletics is to inspire and empower people all around the world to pursue their strengths. We build products and experiences that improve people's lives through physical exercise, nutrition guidance, and education. By doing this, we have created a unique and passionate community of over 53 million users worldwide, who all want to change their lifestyles for the better. By combining sports science, machine learning, and long-term behavior change, we are creating a truly unique movement in the health and fitness space.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist you design, develop and implement algorithms, devise experiments, and test hypotheses to support the continuous development efforts within the data science team. If you think in numbers and hypotheses and like to work with large data sets that shape the future of coaching AI - then hit the apply button now!
- Devise algorithms for cutting-edge decision-making systems, working with domain experts where necessary. This includes our core algorithm for dynamically assigning personalized workouts, for which you would be the primary stakeholder
- Implement algorithms as efficient, clean, modular, production-ready code
- Design, study, and report on controllable metrics
- Perform advanced analytics on large datasets
- Provide ongoing tracking and monitoring of performance on decision systems and statistical models
- Collaborate with other functions within the business to discover and compile data from a range of sources
- Master's degree in (applied) mathematics, computational science, engineering, operations research, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience building mathematical models to solve real-world problems, e.g. using discrete optimization techniques
- High degree of proficiency in Python, both for analysis and production code at scale
- Experience manipulating large datasets and using SQL databases
- Proven self-starter with the ability to not only solve problems but proactively identify them
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in sports and fitness would be considered a plus
- Competitive salary and pension package with regular compensation reviews
- Work-Life-Balance: 4-day-work-week pilot project,
- Hybrid work setup and flexible working hours
- Holistic benefits program that includes Freeletics coach memberships for you and your family/friends, mental well-being support, bike leasing, public transport allowance, language courses, and many more
- Self-determined career path tailored to your personal and professional development wishes
- Brand new office space with a rooftop terrace and a gorgeous view of the mountains, free healthy food and drinks in a fully equipped kitchen, latest technology meeting rooms, diverse training space, showers, and laundry service (Covid permitting)
- Regular company and team events like hiking trips, holiday parties, offsites, and many more (Covid permitting)
- Your choice of the latest MacBook in a life cycle model
- Taking a break: 27 vacation days and 15 public holidays
- Bi-annual hackathons for tech as well as non-tech teams
- Relocation support regarding costs (for the visa, relocation agency, etc.)
See life at Freeletics for yourself here. Interested?
To all recruitment agencies and headhunters: Freeletics does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from agencies and headhunters. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Freeletics and Terms & Conditions from agencies or headhunters associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void. Vacancies are not open to any agencies unless otherwise specified in the description.
Freeletics is an equal-opportunity employer, fully committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone can succeed. A kaleidoscope of cultures, languages, and personalities, all are welcome here regardless of background, race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender expression, or athletic ability. We celebrate diversity in its many forms and firmly believe that our strength lies in our differences. In nurturing many perspectives and voices, we are able to collect power for the next generation of digital fitness technology inspiring a healthier, happier, and stronger world.
Should you need adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, just let us know. We are also happy to use your pronouns of choice (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).