DISH Media Sales, the advertising sales division of DISH Network, provides smart and effective media solutions that complement those of traditional national cable, and is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. We are an innovative, passionate and fun group working hard and finding reward in radically changing TV advertising.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
The Data & Analytics team within Media Sales works closely with the corporate DISH Viewer Measurement team to combine powerful household level reporting data, analytics and expertise that helps our sales staff thrive in a rapidly evolving environment. Constructing automated processes through scripting languages, using data to identify and create models of an advertiser’s target audience, measuring the success of an advertiser’s campaign and providing visualization through self-service tools are just a few of the day to day tasks.
We are now seeking a Data Scientist that will support the on-air addressable Media Sales team and Data Sales efforts through:
- Strong Data Science Stack (e.g. R, Python, SQL, producing visualizations in Tableau, etc.)
- Developing critical analytics and propensity models using key DISH data sources including the viewer measurement data and DISH CRM data.
- Working with the Account Executives and clients to develop client proposals based on conducted research.
- Demonstrating thought leadership by writing papers, attending conferences and promoting yourself as subject matter expert on topics such subscriber and network viewership trends.
- Developing key relationship with Analytics heads at advertising agencies, data partners, internal divisions and other key industry players.
- Architect and develop new advertising products using state of the art machine learning algorithms either in a big data environment such as Hadoop or in a cloud-based environment such as AWS.
Skills, Experience And Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; advanced degree in a STEM field preferred. AWS Certification highly valued.
- 3-5 years of working experience utilizing data modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with big data projects, tools, and technique, segmentation and ad targeting.
- Experience with SQL and scripting tools; willingness to be hands on where needed.
- Excellent communication skills and have the proven ability to manage multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with IT and / or DBAs in respect to projects involving large databases.
- Strong work ethic; personable and must be able to prioritize tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced Sales environment.
Compensation: $75,670.00/Year - $140,530.00/Year
Compensation And Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.