Job ID992496Job TypePermanent Full-timeLocationAus - SydneyCategoriesRiskApplications close
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.The Opportunity
A new opportunity for the role of Data Scientist has become available at CPB Contractors. The primary responsibility of this role is to use data & analytic capabilities, technology and latest techniques to better support the business in making timely and informed business decisions to maximise client experience, employee experience and operational efficiency.
This is a permanent role based in our head office in North Sydney.
- Utilising past experiences and skillsets (e.g. Power BI or Tableau), the work involve include designing and developing automation, analytical or algorithm solutions to improve business outcomes. A key focus area is the rollout of interactive and Power BI reporting, metrics and dashboards to key stakeholders.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Utilise an array of cloud-based technologies to: ingest, store, prepare, train and model pertinent company data in order to create insightful, intuitive and interactive visualisations of exploratory, predictive and prescriptive analyses that support executive decision-making and operational efficiency
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering; Actuarial Studies; Data Science or related disciplines. Post graduate in similar disciplines desirable but not essential
- Ideally 2-5 years relevant experience (e.g. Power BI or Tableau)
- Strong interest in using analytical work and output to make a positive business impact
- Ability to traverse between “big picture” and “fine detail”
- Highly evolved problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as part of a team whilst proactively managing multiple competing priorities in fast pace environment
How to apply