Role: Sr Data Scientist
Location: Chennai, Hyderabad
Job Type: Full Time
Years of Relevant Experience in Analytics/Pharma/Biotech Domain: 5-8 Years for Sr Data Scientist
Roche has established Global Analytics and Technology Center of Excellence (GATE) in India to drive analytics & technology driven solutions by partnering with Roche affiliates across the globe. While the candidate can join us remotely, we would require them to move to our Chennai or Hyderabad Office soon. To know more about us, visit - https://www.rocheindia.com/en/About_Roche/GATE.html
A Sr. Data Scientist would lead development of a business solution through advanced AI/ML techniques in an Agile delivery mode, working directly with stakeholders in the business teams from Roche affiliates across the globe.
An ideal candidate should have:
- Overall experience of 5-8 Years, with experience in the data science / ML space is a must
- Significant experience in most of the following quantitative fields: Deep learning, Reinforcement Learning, Causal Inference, A/B Testing, Multi-armed Bandits, and Design of Experiments
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging open source libraries and packages such as Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch to solve Enterprise problems
- Deep proficiency in modeling techniques such as content based filtering, collaborative filtering, clustering etc.
- Solid foundational knowledge in Deep Learning (open source frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras and/or PyTorch) with applications focused on Recommendation Engines (such as feed forward neural networks, convolutional neural networks, or recurrent neural networks)
- Experience working with large, complex data using Hadoop or Spark or any other big data platforms
- Good to have strong knowledge of secondary data sources including syndicated sales, promotional & marketing data, longitudinal patient level data; payer data (IQVIA - XPONENT/DDD/HCOS/LAAD/CLAIMS, SHA / SHS/ Truven Rx, Mx, Dx Claims, MMIT, DRG)
- Proficiency using ML in a variety of contexts, particularly text classification and clustering
- Experience with data visualization tools such as tableau, and/or Qlik is nice to have
- 3+ years of general experience in ML software engineering, especially -
- proficiency with R or Python a must and experience with PySpark will be an added advantage
- experience with Git, Gitlab is nice to have
- knowing Jira, CI/CD tools is nice to have
- understanding of software testing (unit tests, integration tests, smoke tests)
- good software engineering practices, design patterns
- bash/shell scripting is nice to have
- experience with Docker, API development is a plus
- experience with cloud platforms (preferred AWS)
- Ability to deliver fully working products (deployment activities):
- Knowing Docker, Kubernetes and cloud platforms (especially AWS) is added advantage
- General understanding of AGILE Project Delivery process
- Experience acting as a strategic thought partner to teams; demonstrated ability to solve problems and think outside the box.
- Proven track record of leadership, time-management, project management, and teamwork; Strong attention to detail
- Experience translating research or analysis to communicate (in presentations and in writing) concise and compelling business stories that influence decisions and strategy
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will:
- Manage and guide data science and data engineering elements of AI/ML projects
- Drive the development, deployment and industrialization of ML Solutions to generate value from structured and unstructured data for the Commercial and Medical organizations.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers and market dynamics, and apply your technical skills to advance that knowledge and guide the organization, delivering products that help create an integrated customer experience and drive impact.
- Help stakeholders define clear, impactful business priorities, and where possible, use their own expertise or existing analysis/research to influence and guide.
- Apply ML and applied statistics approaches to answer a variety of complex business questions using multiple data sources and technical tools.
- Act as subject matter expert for applicable data science and other advanced analytical methodologies, programs, and projects in relation to recommendation engines.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop efficient recommendation systems, gain alignment and deliver impactful business insights; engage necessary stakeholders to enable better decision-making
- Openly share perspective and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weigh and communicate trade-off considerations.
- Take an enterprise mindset, linking individual responsibilities with broader organization; focus on outcomes that provide most business value
- Demonstrate self-accountability and results ownership.
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement; engage managers and peer groups regularly for coaching, assistance, and advocacy.
- Act as a thought partner and advisor to all relevant teams and stakeholders; look for and establish opportunities for peer mentorship.
- UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization (Computer Science preferred)
- Master’s Degree – Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science or related field- Nice to have
- Any certifications on AI/ML/Data science would be an added advantage.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.