- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science, machine learning, or comparable experience in big data environments
- Experience in designing and deploying machine learning modeling and prediction pipelines
- Practical experience with Python/Scala or other relevant scripting languages
- Functional knowledge of the AWS tech stack – Glue, EMR, Lambda, Sagemaker
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, and other relevant data visualization software
We are looking for an analytical Data Scientist to join the AWS Data Center Engineering team. The Data Center Engineering team owns the availability of AWS data centers, and has a direct impact on the customer experience.What is it like in Amazon:
We obsess over customers by developing the most advanced engineering solutions that result in world class uptime, while continuously reducing costs for our customers. Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences.
As a Data Scientist, you will partner with Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, and partner teams to extract value from the vast amount of operational data generated by the AWS fleet. You will use these data to predict trends, optimize processes, and automate insights that will guide engineering excellence and improvements on behalf of AWS customers. Data analysis is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our organization.
You will make the complexity of our engineering solutions visible, tangible, and manageable using cutting edge analytical methods. You will use modeling and simulation to validate assumptions on the intricate interactions between different elements of our systems and processes. You will identify and evaluate opportunities to improve customer experience, reliability, and the efficiency of capital investment. You will quantify the improvements resulting from the application of these tools and you will evaluate trade-offs between competing outputs of the system.In this role you will:
- Collaborate with engineering stakeholders, partner technical teams, and business stakeholders, to gather business and functional requirements, and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, and operable solutions that work well within the overall AWS data architecture, and lead to improved engineering decisions.
- Develop a deep understanding and awareness of operational data from the AWS fleet, and look around corners to recommend forward-looking analytical solutions for improving engineering decision making and results.
- Apply state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning methods to vast amounts of data from different sources, predicting actionable outcomes with your models.
- Dive deep on problems using statistical analysis to drive short and long term solutions.
- Partner with team Business Intelligence Engineers to deploy your models visually, to tell the story of operational trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Insist on the highest standards by recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Take ownership of data reliability by, among other things, performing deep-dives to find root causes of potential data anomalies, and taking subsequent action to address these anomalies.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Be self-driven, detail-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, and extract, transform, load (ETL) procedure
- Proficient with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience conducting large scale and complex data analysis to support business decision making.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age