You support your team through your technical expertise and passion for data. Together with your team, you build amazing data products that provide important insights to Coolblue, so everyone can make better and educated business decisions.How do I become a Data Engineer at Coolblue?
You love to take part in designing and building data processing pipelines that combine and transform raw data to create valuable analytics using a combination of SQL and Python. You are eager to learn and explore with the team opportunities to build data products using industry standards technologies in a multi-cloud environment.
You are super enthusiastic about what you do and always look for new opportunities to improve our data products and help the business gain valuable data driven insights.
You are confident in your skills in different technologies and you use all opportunities to coach your colleagues about those topics by pair programming with them and presenting inspiring demos. Would you also like to become a Data Engineer at Coolblue? Read below if the job suits you.You enjoy doing this
You recognize yourself in the following
- Work with data! You love to get some raw data and transform it into actionable insights that can be used to steer the future of Coolblue.
- Sharing knowledge through pairing, code review, presenting, training and coaching your colleagues.
- Be autonomous and eager to learn new technologies by experimenting with your team, attending online courses, and training provided by Coolblue.
- Be proactive and keep constant communication not only with your team members but also with colleagues working at the business side. Collaborate with them, learn from them and share your findings with the team. Find new ways to serve the business with data!
- Work and advocate an agile mindset.
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience as a data engineer or similar.
- You are proficient with ETL best practices and can implement these via e.g. Airflow.
- You are proficient in Dimensional Model techniques and can implement these via e.g. dbt.
- You are proficient in SQL and at least one programming language (Python is a plus).
- You have experience with Big Data on Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- You are familiar with streaming processing and you previously worked with frameworks like Kafka or Dataflow.
- You have experience with continuous integration (Teamcity, CloudBuild), logging and monitoring (Datadog).
- You have experience with helping others to improve their craftsmanship and technical skills.
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- Relocation assistance: from A to Z. We will make sure it goes well and give full support.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan and where-you-work-allowance.
- 25 days of leave. As long as you promise to come back.
- A discount on all our products.
- An extraordinarily good work environment with colleagues from all over the world who make you happy, epic Coolblue parties, pubquizzing, and other activities.
- Working together in an international environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy, among others.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- Hybrid working: a fine balance between working at the office and working from home. Of course, we’ll help you create the best home-office possible. Including desk chair, laptop, and blue garlands.