Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is to become the world’s leading telecom analytics solution provider while advancing graph analytics technology.
Reporting to the CIO, this role is an integral part of the Data Science team. The Senior Data Scientist works on and leads complex data analytics projects using state-of-art modelling and data transformation approaches as well as Lynx’s proprietary graph analysis system/customer experience management solution.
She/he should be comfortable working with very large data sets residing in different data stores in disparate formats. The role requires the candidate to be strong with hands-on implementation and has the potential to move fast onto a high growth career trajectory. Our future colleague must have excellent communications skills as well as being able to visualize and present complex DS solutions for the main (C-level) stakeholders of the projects. Leadership experience and charisma are huge advantages.
- Collecting the business requirements and designing the provided solution for a given problem
- Leading the Data Science team and delivering/implementing data science solutions at the client’s location
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables
- Present the results for stakeholders (in an AGILE way), get their CRs, and feedback
- Collaborating with the PMO and other internal teams
- Supporting pre-sales activities by drafting projects and PoCs
- Create reusable documentation, presentations and code libraries from the led projects
- Mentoring Data Scientists and Data Science Interns
- Participating in internal education and research tasks
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of overall experience in data mining and/or data science field.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree (MSc or PhD is preferred)
- Understanding complex data science solutions and being able to implement them (like simplified AlphaGo, etc.). Knowledge in applied graph theory is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of probability theory, statistics, data science algorithms and their application in Customer Retention, Campaign Management, etc. areas
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and data visualization skills to enable stakeholders to understand complex solutions, dashboarding and reporting experience
- Coding abilities in at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), R, SAS, C, JAVA (or similar). Software Engineer skills are not needed, but the candidate is expected to be able to write simple code to prototype and test analytical ideas. GitHub knowledge is a plus.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of DWH querying languages (like SQL, Hive, Teradata, MySQL etc.) or Spark / pySpark and some experience in ETL designing
- Fluency in English
- Leadership experience (smaller groups or projects), being able to motivate people and deliver quality results within the given deadlines.
- Willingness to travel - Up to 50% travel across the region will be required